1 800 222 6872

Purcell: Anthems for the Chapel Royal / Richard Marlow

Album Summary

>Purcell, Henry : Benedicite in B flat major ("The Song of the Children" from the Morning Service), Z. 230/3
>Purcell, Henry : Music on the Death of Queen Mary (Funeral Sentences / The Queen's Epicedium)
>Purcell, Henry : Blow up the trumpet in Sion, Z 10
>Purcell, Henry : Save me, O God, anthem for 2 sopranos, alto, tenor, bass, chorus & organ, Z. 51
>Purcell, Henry : Remember not, Lord, our offences, Z 50
>Purcell, Henry : O God, Thou hast cast us out, anthem for 2 sopranos, 2 altos, tenor, bass, 6-part chorus & organ, Z.
>Purcell, Henry : O Lord God of hosts, anthem for 2 sopranos, 2 altos, tenor, bass, double chorus & continuo, Z. 37
>Purcell, Henry : In the midst of life
>Purcell, Henry : I was glad when they said unto me, O Lord, Z 19
>Purcell, Henry : Lord, how long wilt thou be angry?, Z 25
>Purcell, Henry : O God, thou art my god, anthem for 2 sopranos, alto, tenor, bass, double chorus & organ, Z. 35
>Purcell, Henry : Work(s)
>Purcell, Henry : I will sing unto the Lord, Z 22
>Purcell, Henry : Hear my prayer, O Lord
Performers Composer


Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review

Works Details

>Purcell, Henry : Benedicite in B flat major ("The Song of the Children" from the Morning Service), Z. 230/3
  • Performers: Graham Jackson (Organ); Charles Matthews (Organ)
  • Notes: Chapel of Trinity College, Cambridge, England (01/10/1987-01/11/1987)
  • Running Time: 8 min. 38 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: circa 1682

>Purcell, Henry : Music on the Death of Queen Mary (Funeral Sentences / The Queen's Epicedium)
  • Performers: Graham Jackson (Organ); Charles Matthews (Organ)
  • Notes: Chapel of Trinity College, Cambridge, England (01/10/1987-01/11/1987)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 13 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Form: Choral
  • Written: circa 1682

>Purcell, Henry : Blow up the trumpet in Sion, Z 10
  • Performers: Graham Jackson (Organ); Charles Matthews (Organ)
  • Notes: Chapel of Trinity College, Cambridge, England (01/10/1987-01/11/1987)
  • Running Time: 6 min. 18 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Form: Choral
  • Written: 1679

>Purcell, Henry : Save me, O God, anthem for 2 sopranos, alto, tenor, bass, chorus & organ, Z. 51
  • Performers: Graham Jackson (Organ); Charles Matthews (Organ)
  • Notes: Chapel of Trinity College, Cambridge, England (01/10/1987-01/11/1987)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 38 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Form: Choral
  • Written: circa 1680

>Purcell, Henry : Remember not, Lord, our offences, Z 50
  • Performers: Graham Jackson (Organ); Charles Matthews (Organ)
  • Notes: Chapel of Trinity College, Cambridge, England (01/10/1987-01/11/1987)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 51 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Form: Choral
  • Written: circa 1681

>Purcell, Henry : O God, Thou hast cast us out, anthem for 2 sopranos, 2 altos, tenor, bass, 6-part chorus & organ, Z.
  • Performers: Graham Jackson (Organ); Charles Matthews (Organ)
  • Notes: Chapel of Trinity College, Cambridge, England (01/10/1987-01/11/1987)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 2 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Form: Choral
  • Written: circa 1681

>Purcell, Henry : O Lord God of hosts, anthem for 2 sopranos, 2 altos, tenor, bass, double chorus & continuo, Z. 37
  • Performers: Graham Jackson (Organ); Charles Matthews (Organ)
  • Notes: Chapel of Trinity College, Cambridge, England (01/10/1987-01/11/1987)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 31 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: circa 1681

>Purcell, Henry : In the midst of life
  • Performers: Graham Jackson (Organ); Charles Matthews (Organ)
  • Notes: Chapel of Trinity College, Cambridge, England (01/10/1987-01/11/1987)
  • Running Time: 9 min. 53 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Purcell, Henry : I was glad when they said unto me, O Lord, Z 19
  • Performers: Graham Jackson (Organ); Charles Matthews (Organ)
  • Notes: Chapel of Trinity College, Cambridge, England (01/10/1987-01/11/1987)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 7 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Form: Choral
  • Written: 1683

>Purcell, Henry : Lord, how long wilt thou be angry?, Z 25
  • Performers: Graham Jackson (Organ); Charles Matthews (Organ)
  • Notes: Chapel of Trinity College, Cambridge, England (01/10/1987-01/11/1987)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 49 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: circa 1681

>Purcell, Henry : O God, thou art my god, anthem for 2 sopranos, alto, tenor, bass, double chorus & organ, Z. 35
  • Performers: Graham Jackson (Organ); Charles Matthews (Organ)
  • Notes: Chapel of Trinity College, Cambridge, England (01/10/1987-01/11/1987)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 53 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Form: Choral
  • Written: circa 1681

>Purcell, Henry : Work(s) :: O be joyful in the Lord (Jubilate)
  • Performers: Graham Jackson (Organ); Charles Matthews (Organ)
  • Notes: Chapel of Trinity College, Cambridge, England (01/10/1987-01/11/1987)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 54 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Purcell, Henry : I will sing unto the Lord, Z 22
  • Performers: Graham Jackson (Organ); Charles Matthews (Organ)
  • Notes: Chapel of Trinity College, Cambridge, England (01/10/1987-01/11/1987)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 55 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Form: Choral
  • Written: circa 1678

>Purcell, Henry : Hear my prayer, O Lord
  • Performers: Graham Jackson (Organ); Charles Matthews (Organ)
  • Notes: Chapel of Trinity College, Cambridge, England (01/10/1987-01/11/1987)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 58 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: circa 1681