1 800 222 6872

Schubert: Famous String Quartets / Verdi Quartet

> String Quartet No. 13 in A minor, Op. 29, No. 1, D. 804 - I. Allegro ma non troppo
> String Quartet No. 13 in A minor, Op. 29, No. 1, D. 804 - II. Andante
> String Quartet No. 13 in A minor, Op. 29, No. 1, D. 804 - III. Minuetto: Allegro - Trio
> String Quartet No. 13 in A minor, Op. 29, No. 1, D. 804 - IV. Allegro moderato
> String Quartet No. 14 in D minor, D. 810, "Death and the Maiden" - I. Allegro
> String Quartet No. 14 in D minor, D. 810, "Death and the Maiden" - II. Andante con moto
> String Quartet No. 14 in D minor, D. 810, "Death and the Maiden" - III. Scherzo: Allegro molto - Trio
> String Quartet No. 14 in D minor, D. 810, "Death and the Maiden" - IV. Presto
> String Quartet No. 15 in G major, Op. 161, D. 887 - IV. Allegro assai

Album Summary

>Schubert, Franz : Quartet for Strings no 11 in E major, D. 353 (Op. posth. 125/2)
>Schubert, Franz : Quartet for Strings no 12 in C minor, D 703/Op. posth "Quartettsatz"
>Schubert, Franz : Quartet for Strings no 15 in G major, D 887/Op 161
>Schubert, Franz : Quartet for Strings no 13 in A minor, D 804/Op 29 no 1 "Rosamunde"
>Schubert, Franz : Quartet for Strings no 14 in D minor, D 810 "Death and the Maiden"
Ensemble Composer

Notes & Reviews:

BBC Music Magazine, June 2012
Beautifully blended sound works well in the reflective lyricism of the Rosamunde Quartet.The outer movements of the Death and the Maiden could be more demonic.



Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review

Works Details

>Schubert, Franz : Quartet for Strings no 11 in E major, D. 353 (Op. posth. 125/2)
  • Ensemble: Verdi Quartet
  • Running Time: 21 min. 29 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Chamber Music
  • Written: 1816

>Schubert, Franz : Quartet for Strings no 12 in C minor, D 703/Op. posth "Quartettsatz"
  • Notes: Composition written: 09/1820.
  • Running Time: 9 min. 5 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Chamber Music
  • Written: 09/1820

>Schubert, Franz : Quartet for Strings no 15 in G major, D 887/Op 161
  • Running Time: 46 min. 33 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Chamber Music
  • Written: 1826

>Schubert, Franz : Quartet for Strings no 13 in A minor, D 804/Op 29 no 1 "Rosamunde"
  • Running Time: 34 min. 20 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1824

>Schubert, Franz : Quartet for Strings no 14 in D minor, D 810 "Death and the Maiden"
  • Running Time: 40 min. 29 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1824