Notes & Reviews:
"The performance is excellent. Soprano and baritone are superb, and both sing as if this music meant everything to them. Choruses and orchestra offer equally fine contributions; on must conclude that Carl St. Clair is a fine conductor. The recording is eminently satisfactory--grand yet not bloated." -Fanfare
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Works DetailsGoldenthal, Elliot : Fire, Water, Paper :: A Vietnam Oratorio
- Performers: Yo-Yo Ma (Cello); James Maddalena (Baritone); Ana Panagulias (Soprano)
- Conductor: Bichlien Nguyen
- Notes: Orange County Performing Arts Center, Costa Mesa, CA/Seiji Ozawa Hall, Tanglewood, Lenox, MA (04/29/1995-07/19/1995)
- Running Time: 65 min. 41 sec.
- Period Time: Contemporary
- Form: Cantata/Oratorio