Music for the Queen of Scots

Audio Samples

>Traditional : The Scotch Queen
>Anonymous, Scottish : Prince Edward's Paven
>Anonymous : Departe, Departe
>Arbeau, Thoinot : Branle d'Escosse
>Tertre, Etienne du : Premiere suytte de Bransles d'Escosse
>Certon, Pierre : La, la, la, je ne l'ose dire
>Ghizeghem, Hayne van : De tous biens plaine
>Agricola, Alexander : De tous biens plaine
>Gardane, Antonio : Jouissance vous donneray
>Sermisy, Claudin de : Jouyssance vous donneray, chanson, for 4 voices
>Johnson, Robert (II) : Deus misereatur nostri, Psalm 67
>Anonymous, English : Sanctus
>Peebles, David : Psalm 1
>Anonymous : Ane lesson upon the First Psalme
>Anonymous, English : Psalm 113 (114)
>     Alleluia! Christ the Lord has conquered death
>Goudimel, Claude : Psalm 113
>Anonymous : Ane Exempill of Tripla, for ensemble
>Anonymous, Scottish : Richt soir opprest
>Anonymous, Scottish : Woe worth the tyme (from Thomas Wode's Partbooks)
>Anonymous, English : Paven, for 4 parts (from Thomas Wode's Partbooks)
>Anonymous, English : Galliard, for 4 parts (from Thomas Wode's Partbooks)
>Hume, Tobias : A French Jigg, for viol
>Hudson, George : Hutchesoun's Galyiard
>Traditional, Scottish : The Last Time I Came O'er the Moor
>Black, John : Lytill Blak
>Black, John : Musick Fyne
>Black, John : My Delyt
>Lauder, James : The Golden Pavan
>Anonymous, English : Queine of Ingland's Paven & Galliard
>     Galliard
>Fethy, John : The Time of Youth
>Black, John : Report upon When Shall My Sorrowful Singing Slake

Album Summary

>Traditional : The Scotch Queen
>Anonymous, Scottish : Prince Edward's Paven
>Anonymous : Departe, Departe
>Arbeau, Thoinot : Branle d'Escosse
>Tertre, Etienne du : Premiere suytte de Bransles d'Escosse
>Certon, Pierre : La, la, la, je ne l'ose dire
>Ghizeghem, Hayne van : De tous biens plaine
>Agricola, Alexander : De tous biens plaine
>Gardane, Antonio : Jouissance vous donneray
>Sermisy, Claudin de : Jouyssance vous donneray, chanson, for 4 voices
>Johnson, Robert (II) : Deus misereatur nostri, Psalm 67
>Anonymous, English : Sanctus
>Peebles, David : Psalm 1
>Anonymous : Ane lesson upon the First Psalme
>Anonymous, English : Psalm 113 (114)
>Goudimel, Claude : Psalm 113
>Anonymous : Ane Exempill of Tripla, for ensemble
>Anonymous, Scottish : Richt soir opprest
>Anonymous, Scottish : Woe worth the tyme (from Thomas Wode's Partbooks)
>Anonymous, English : Paven, for 4 parts (from Thomas Wode's Partbooks)
>Anonymous, English : Galliard, for 4 parts (from Thomas Wode's Partbooks)
>Hume, Tobias : A French Jigg, for viol
>Hudson, George : Hutchesoun's Galyiard
>Traditional, Scottish : The Last Time I Came O'er the Moor
>Black, John : Lytill Blak
>Black, John : Musick Fyne
>Black, John : My Delyt
>Lauder, James : The Golden Pavan
>Anonymous, English : Queine of Ingland's Paven & Galliard
>Fethy, John : The Time of Youth
>Black, John : Report upon When Shall My Sorrowful Singing Slake
Performer Ensemble Composers

Notes & Reviews:

The Flautadors is an ensemble of recorder players who offer a concert of music that was composed or performed for Mary, Queen of Scots. The instruments used in this recording consist of a matching consort made by Thomas Prescott after existing 16th century recorders in the Vienna Kunsthistorisches Museum.

American Record Guide, September / October 2012
A nice collection of music is presented here that chronicles the life of Mary, Queen of Scots (1542-87). The notes are impressive, as they summarize the story of the queen's life, noting which pieces go with which period.

Notes & Reviews:

Recording information: St. Andrew's Church, Toddington, Gloucestershire (08/2009).



Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review

Works Details

>Traditional : The Scotch Queen
  • Performer: Corrina Silvester (Percussion)
  • Ensemble: The Flautadors
  • Running Time: 3 min. 2 sec.

>Anonymous, Scottish : Prince Edward's Paven
  • Performer: Corrina Silvester (Percussion)
  • Ensemble: The Flautadors
  • Running Time: 1 min. 42 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance

>Anonymous : Departe, Departe
  • Performer: Corrina Silvester (Percussion)
  • Ensemble: The Flautadors
  • Running Time: 1 min. 4 sec.

>Arbeau, Thoinot : Branle d'Escosse
  • Performer: Corrina Silvester (Percussion)
  • Ensemble: The Flautadors
  • Running Time: 1 min. 48 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance

>Étienne du Tertre (15th Century - 15th Century) : Premiere suytte de Bransles d'Escosse
  • Performer: Corrina Silvester (Percussion)
  • Ensemble: The Flautadors
  • Running Time: 1 min. 26 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance

>Certon, Pierre : La, la, la, je ne l'ose dire
  • Performer: Corrina Silvester (Percussion)
  • Ensemble: The Flautadors
  • Running Time: 1 min. 31 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance
  • Form: Vocal

>Ghizeghem, Hayne van : De tous biens plaine
  • Performer: Corrina Silvester (Percussion)
  • Ensemble: The Flautadors
  • Running Time: 2 min. 31 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance
  • Written: circa 1470-1480

>Agricola, Alexander : De tous biens plaine
  • Performer: Corrina Silvester (Percussion)
  • Ensemble: The Flautadors
  • Running Time: 1 min. 43 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance

>Gardane, Antonio : Jouissance vous donneray
  • Performer: Corrina Silvester (Percussion)
  • Ensemble: The Flautadors
  • Running Time: 1 min. 36 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance

>Sermisy, Claudin de : Jouyssance vous donneray, chanson, for 4 voices
  • Performer: Corrina Silvester (Percussion)
  • Ensemble: The Flautadors
  • Running Time: 1 min. 40 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance
  • Form: Choral
  • Written: 1528

>Johnson, Robert (II) : Deus misereatur nostri, Psalm 67
  • Performer: Corrina Silvester (Percussion)
  • Ensemble: The Flautadors
  • Running Time: 4 min. 52 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance

>Anonymous, English : Sanctus
  • Performer: Corrina Silvester (Percussion)
  • Ensemble: The Flautadors
  • Running Time: 6 min. 9 sec.
  • Form: Choral

>Peebles, David : Psalm 1
  • Performer: Corrina Silvester (Percussion)
  • Ensemble: The Flautadors
  • Running Time: 1 min. 8 sec.

>Anonymous : Ane lesson upon the First Psalme
  • Performer: Corrina Silvester (Percussion)
  • Ensemble: The Flautadors
  • Running Time: 2 min. 11 sec.

>Anonymous, English : Psalm 113 (114) :: Alleluia! Christ the Lord has conquered death
  • Performer: Corrina Silvester (Percussion)
  • Ensemble: The Flautadors
  • Running Time: 1 min. 46 sec.
  • Form: Choral

>Goudimel, Claude : Psalm 113
  • Performer: Corrina Silvester (Percussion)
  • Ensemble: The Flautadors
  • Running Time: 1 min. 50 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance

>Anonymous : Ane Exempill of Tripla, for ensemble
  • Performer: Corrina Silvester (Percussion)
  • Ensemble: The Flautadors
  • Period Time: Renaissance

>Anonymous, Scottish : Richt soir opprest
  • Performer: Corrina Silvester (Percussion)
  • Ensemble: The Flautadors
  • Running Time: 1 min. 49 sec.

>Anonymous, Scottish : Woe worth the tyme (from Thomas Wode's Partbooks)
  • Performer: Corrina Silvester (Percussion)
  • Ensemble: The Flautadors
  • Running Time: 1 min. 1 sec.

>Anonymous, English : Paven, for 4 parts (from Thomas Wode's Partbooks)
  • Performer: Corrina Silvester (Percussion)
  • Ensemble: The Flautadors
  • Running Time: 2 min. 25 sec.
  • Written: by 1592

>Anonymous, English : Galliard, for 4 parts (from Thomas Wode's Partbooks)
  • Performer: Corrina Silvester (Percussion)
  • Ensemble: The Flautadors
  • Running Time: 1 min. 12 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance

>Hume, Tobias : A French Jigg, for viol
  • Performer: Corrina Silvester (Percussion)
  • Ensemble: The Flautadors
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Hudson, George : Hutchesoun's Galyiard
  • Performer: Corrina Silvester (Percussion)
  • Ensemble: The Flautadors
  • Running Time: 1 min. 29 sec.

>Traditional, Scottish : The Last Time I Came O'er the Moor
  • Performer: Corrina Silvester (Percussion)
  • Ensemble: The Flautadors
  • Running Time: 2 min. 16 sec.

>Black, John : Lytill Blak
  • Performer: Corrina Silvester (Percussion)
  • Ensemble: The Flautadors
  • Running Time: 1 min. 25 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance

>Black, John : Musick Fyne
  • Performer: Corrina Silvester (Percussion)
  • Ensemble: The Flautadors
  • Running Time: 1 min. 41 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance

>Black, John : My Delyt
  • Performer: Corrina Silvester (Percussion)
  • Ensemble: The Flautadors
  • Running Time: 2 min. 3 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance

>Lauder, James : The Golden Pavan
  • Performer: Corrina Silvester (Percussion)
  • Ensemble: The Flautadors
  • Running Time: 2 min. 48 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance

>Anonymous, English : Queine of Ingland's Paven & Galliard :: Galliard
  • Performer: Corrina Silvester (Percussion)
  • Ensemble: The Flautadors
  • Period Time: Renaissance

>Fethy, John : The Time of Youth
  • Performer: Corrina Silvester (Percussion)
  • Ensemble: The Flautadors
  • Running Time: 1 min. 55 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance

>Black, John : Report upon When Shall My Sorrowful Singing Slake
  • Performer: Corrina Silvester (Percussion)
  • Ensemble: The Flautadors
  • Running Time: 3 min. 16 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance
  • Form: Vocal