- Susanne Kelling (Mezzo Soprano)
Notes & Reviews:
The Seven Last Words of Christ, in a new version by Spanish Royal Court composer José Peris, for string quartet and mezzo soprano! When the Henschel Quartet received the honorable invitation by the Vatican to perform for Pope Benedict XVI on his name day, the Quartet decided that this would be the perfect opportunity to introduce the new compelling Peris arrangement of Haydn's Seven Last Words. The Vatican invited German mezzo-soprano Susanne Kelling to take the voice part at this occasion.Notes & Reviews:
Recording information: August-Everding-Saal, Grünwald, Germany (01/17/2012-01/19/2012).
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Works DetailsHaydn, Franz Joseph : Seven last words of Christ on the Cross, Op. 51/H 3 no 50-56
- Performer: Susanne Kelling (Mezzo Soprano)
- Ensemble: Henschel Quartett
- Notes: August-Everding-Saal, Grünwald, Germany (01/17/2012-01/19/2012)
- Running Time: 62 min. 5 sec.
- Period Time: Classical
- Written: 1787