- Lucinda Stuart-Grant (Voice)
- Andrew McTaggart (Voice)
- Nicholas Morris (Voice)
- Jessica OLeary (Voice)
- Ronan Busfield (Tenor)
- Beth Mackay (Voice)
- Jamie Rock (Voice)
Notes & Reviews:
The Macbeth story as played out in a troupe of baboons in Botswana? This fanciful idea inspired writer Alexander McCall Smith and the composer Tom Cunningham to come up with their chamber opera, The Okavango Macbeth! Set in the Okavango Delta in northern Botswana, the opera deals with the efforts of an ambitious female baboon, Lady Macbeth, who encourages her husband to become the alpha male of the group. The response to the opera's premiere, in the No. 1 Ladies' Opera House, led many to conclude that in this extraordinary and unusual tale, a new operatic gem has emerged!Notes & Reviews:
Recording information: The Queen's Hall, Edinburgh (04/22/2011-04/23/2011).
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Works DetailsCunningham, Tom : The Okavango Macbeth, opera
- Performers: Beth Mackay (Voice); Jamie Rock (Voice); Lucinda Stuart-Grant (Voice); Andrew McTaggart (Voice); Nicholas Morris (Voice); Jessica OLeary (Voice); Ronan Busfield (Tenor)
- Conductor: Michael Bawtree
- Notes: The Queen's Hall, Edinburgh (04/22/2011-04/23/2011)
- Running Time: 5 min. 55 sec.
- Period Time: Contemporary
- Form: Opera/Operetta