1 800 222 6872

Liszt: Complete Music for Solo Piano Vol 37 / Leslie Howard

Album Summary

>Liszt, Franz : Tanzmomente (8), transcription for piano (after von Herbeck), S. 492 (LW A245)
>Liszt, Franz : Löse, Himmel, meine Seele, transcription for piano (after Lassen), S. 494/1
>Liszt, Franz : Années de pèlerinage, deuxième année, S 161 "Italie"
>Liszt, Franz : Die Gräberinsel der Fürsten zu Gotha, transcription for piano (after H.z.S.C.G. Ernst), S. 485b (LW
>Liszt, Franz : Elégie sur des motifs du Prince Louis Ferdinand de Prusse (I & II), for piano, S. 168 (LW A94)
>Liszt, Franz : Lieder (3) aus Julius Wolffs Tannhäuser, transcription for piano (after Lessmann), S. 498 (LW A316)
>Liszt, Franz : Löse, Himmel, meine Seele, transcription for piano (after Lassen), S. 494/2 (LW A211/1)
>Liszt, Franz : Ich weil' in tiefer Einsamkeit, transcription for piano (after Lassen), S. 495 (LW A211/2)
>Liszt, Franz : Tanzmomente, transcription for piano no 4 (after von Herbeck), S. 492/4bis
>Liszt, Franz : Zigeuner-Polka, transcription for piano (after August Conradi Op. 5), S. 481 (LW A147)
Performer Composer

Notes & Reviews:

"Here is a pleasant hour-plus of mid-century memorabilia for the general listener, teasing fare for the musical anatomist, and another indispensable album for the collector. Howard is never less that persuasively deft, though the mood throughout is rife with nostalgia. Hyperion's sound is spaciously, transparently immediate." -Fanfare

Gramophone Magazine
Vol 37 is a record not only to which lovers of Liszt can return, but which should give pleasure to those who may never have heard of some of the composers transcribed but enjoy the minor, overgrown paths of the nineteenth century



Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review
 

Also Purchased

Works Details

>Liszt, Franz : Tanzmomente (8), transcription for piano (after von Herbeck), S. 492 (LW A245)
  • Performer: Leslie Howard (Piano)
  • Notes: 03/01/1995-03/12/1995
  • Running Time: 18 min. 37 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1869

>Liszt, Franz : Löse, Himmel, meine Seele, transcription for piano (after Lassen), S. 494/1
  • Performer: Leslie Howard (Piano)
  • Notes: 03/01/1995-03/12/1995
  • Running Time: 5 min. 44 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1861

>Liszt, Franz : Années de pèlerinage, deuxième année, S 161 "Italie"
  • Performer: Leslie Howard (Piano)
  • Notes: 03/01/1995-03/12/1995
  • Running Time: 6 min. 29 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1874

>Liszt, Franz : Die Gräberinsel der Fürsten zu Gotha, transcription for piano (after H.z.S.C.G. Ernst), S. 485b (LW
  • Performer: Leslie Howard (Piano)
  • Notes: 03/01/1995-03/12/1995
  • Running Time: 3 min. 34 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1842

>Liszt, Franz : Elégie sur des motifs du Prince Louis Ferdinand de Prusse (I & II), for piano, S. 168 (LW A94)
  • Performer: Leslie Howard (Piano)
  • Notes: 03/01/1995-03/12/1995
  • Running Time: 8 min. 23 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1844

>Liszt, Franz : Lieder (3) aus Julius Wolffs Tannhäuser, transcription for piano (after Lessmann), S. 498 (LW A316)
  • Performer: Leslie Howard (Piano)
  • Notes: 03/01/1995-03/12/1995
  • Running Time: 9 min. 20 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1882

>Liszt, Franz : Löse, Himmel, meine Seele, transcription for piano (after Lassen), S. 494/2 (LW A211/1)
  • Performer: Leslie Howard (Piano)
  • Notes: 03/01/1995-03/12/1995
  • Running Time: 6 min. 33 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1872

>Liszt, Franz : Ich weil' in tiefer Einsamkeit, transcription for piano (after Lassen), S. 495 (LW A211/2)
  • Performer: Leslie Howard (Piano)
  • Notes: 03/01/1995-03/12/1995
  • Running Time: 4 min. 41 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1872

>Liszt, Franz : Tanzmomente, transcription for piano no 4 (after von Herbeck), S. 492/4bis
  • Performer: Leslie Howard (Piano)
  • Notes: 03/01/1995-03/12/1995
  • Running Time: 2 min. 48 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1869

>Liszt, Franz : Zigeuner-Polka, transcription for piano (after August Conradi Op. 5), S. 481 (LW A147)
  • Performer: Leslie Howard (Piano)
  • Notes: 03/01/1995-03/12/1995
  • Running Time: 5 min. 14 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1847