1 800 222 6872

Chopin: The Complete Works, Vol. 9 - Cannons Among Flowers / Ian Hobson, piano

Album Summary

>Chopin, Frédéric : Ballade for Piano no 2 in F major/a minor, B 102/Op. 38
>Chopin, Frédéric : Nocturnes (2) for Piano, B 106/Op. 32
>Chopin, Frédéric : Mazurkas (4) for Piano, B 115/Op. 33
>Chopin, Frédéric : Impromptu for Piano no 1 in A flat major, B 110/Op. 29
>Chopin, Frédéric : Variation on the March from Bellini's I Puritani, for piano in E major (no 6 of collaborative work
>Chopin, Frédéric : Fugue for Piano in A minor, B 144
>Chopin, Frédéric : Canon for piano in F minor, KK IVc/1(fragment)
>Chopin, Frédéric : Andantino for piano in G minor (B. 117)
>Chopin, Frédéric : Fantasy-Impromptu for piano in C sharp minor, Op. 66, CT. 46
>Chopin, Frédéric : Mazurkas (4) for Piano, Op. 41
>Chopin, Frédéric : Nocturnes (2) for Piano, Op. 37
>Chopin, Frédéric : Scherzo for Piano no 2 in B flat minor/D flat major, B 111/Op. 31
Performer Composer

Notes & Reviews:

British-born pianist Ian Hobson continues his series of recording the complete piano music by Chopin. This volume, titled Cannons among flowers, includes Ballade, No. 2; Nocturnes Op. 32 and 37; and Mazurkas Op. 33 and 41.

Fanfare Magazine
Hobson's sparkling touch positively illuminates the Fantasy-Impromptu, but it is in the first nocturne of the op. 37 set that he really excels, turning it into a miniature tone poem. He presents the mazurkas as sequences of exquisite jewels (which of course they are), each with its essence carefully honored. The recording quality is more than acceptable.

Notes & Reviews:

Recording information: Studio S1 of Polish Radio (2005-05-21&2005-05-26&2005-).



Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review

Works Details

>Chopin, Frédéric : Ballade for Piano no 2 in F major/a minor, B 102/Op. 38
  • Performer: Ian Hobson (Piano)
  • Notes: Studio S1 of Polish Radio (2005-05-21&2005-05-26&2005-)
  • Running Time: 7 min. 29 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1839

>Chopin, Frédéric : Nocturnes (2) for Piano, B 106/Op. 32
  • Performer: Ian Hobson (Piano)
  • Notes: Studio S1 of Polish Radio (2005-05-21&2005-05-26&2005-)
  • Running Time: 9 min. 10 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1837

>Chopin, Frédéric : Mazurkas (4) for Piano, B 115/Op. 33
  • Performer: Ian Hobson (Piano)
  • Notes: Studio S1 of Polish Radio (2005-05-21&2005-05-26&2005-)
  • Running Time: 9 min. 25 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1838

>Chopin, Frédéric : Impromptu for Piano no 1 in A flat major, B 110/Op. 29
  • Performer: Ian Hobson (Piano)
  • Notes: Studio S1 of Polish Radio (2005-05-21&2005-05-26&2005-)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 58 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1837

>Chopin, Frédéric : Variation on the March from Bellini's I Puritani, for piano in E major (no 6 of collaborative work
  • Performer: Ian Hobson (Piano)
  • Notes: Studio S1 of Polish Radio (2005-05-21&2005-05-26&2005-)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 36 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1837

>Chopin, Frédéric : Fugue for Piano in A minor, B 144
  • Performer: Ian Hobson (Piano)
  • Notes: Studio S1 of Polish Radio (2005-05-21&2005-05-26&2005-)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 41 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1841-1842

>Chopin, Frédéric : Canon for piano in F minor, KK IVc/1(fragment)
  • Performer: Ian Hobson (Piano)
  • Notes: Studio S1 of Polish Radio (2005-05-21&2005-05-26&2005-)
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: ?1839

>Chopin, Frédéric : Andantino for piano in G minor (B. 117)
  • Performer: Ian Hobson (Piano)
  • Notes: Studio S1 of Polish Radio (2005-05-21&2005-05-26&2005-)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 19 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1838

>Chopin, Frédéric : Fantasy-Impromptu for piano in C sharp minor, Op. 66, CT. 46
  • Performer: Ian Hobson (Piano)
  • Notes: Studio S1 of Polish Radio (2005-05-21&2005-05-26&2005-)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 50 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1834

>Chopin, Frédéric : Mazurkas (4) for Piano, Op. 41
  • Performer: Ian Hobson (Piano)
  • Notes: Studio S1 of Polish Radio (2005-05-21&2005-05-26&2005-)
  • Running Time: 8 min. 12 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1838-1839

>Chopin, Frédéric : Nocturnes (2) for Piano, Op. 37
  • Performer: Ian Hobson (Piano)
  • Notes: Studio S1 of Polish Radio (2005-05-21&2005-05-26&2005-)
  • Running Time: 10 min. 52 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1838-1839

>Chopin, Frédéric : Scherzo for Piano no 2 in B flat minor/D flat major, B 111/Op. 31
  • Performer: Ian Hobson (Piano)
  • Notes: Studio S1 of Polish Radio (2005-05-21&2005-05-26&2005-)
  • Running Time: 9 min. 30 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1837