1 800 222 6872

La Pléiade: French harpsichordists - works by Le Roux, Rameau, Royer, Duphly / Gomez-Vuistaz, harpsichord

Album Summary

>Roux, Gaspard Le : Chaconne
>Rameau, Jean-Philippe : Le Rappel des oiseaux, for harpsichord in E minor (Pièces de clavecin avec une méthode)
>Rameau, Jean-Philippe : Les Tendres plaintes, for harpsichord in D minor (Pièces de clavecin avec une méthode)
>Rameau, Jean-Philippe : La Livri, version for solo harpsichord (Pièces de clavecin en concerts)
>Rameau, Jean-Philippe : L'Entretien des Muses, for harpsichord in D minor (Pièces de clavecin avec une méthode)
>Rameau, Jean-Philippe : L'Égyptienne, for harpsichord in G minor (Nouvelles suites)
>Royer, Joseph-Nicolas-Pan : La Majestueuse, courante for harpsichord in D minor
>Royer, Joseph-Nicolas-Pan : La Zaïde, rondeau for harpsichord in D major
>Royer, Joseph-Nicolas-Pan : L'Aimable, for harpsichord in G minor
>Royer, Joseph-Nicolas-Pan : La Sensible, rondeau for harpsichord in C minor
>Royer, Joseph-Nicolas-Pan : La Marche des Scythes, for harpsichord in C minor (Book 1)
>Duphly, Jacques : Les Grâces, for harpsichord (from Pièces de Clavicin, Book 3)
>Duphly, Jacques : La de Belombre, for harpsichord (from Pièces de Clavicin, Book 3)
>Duphly, Jacques : La Pothoüin, rondeau for harpsichord (from Pièces de Clavicin, Book 4)
>Duphly, Jacques : La Félix, for harpsichord (from Pièces de Clavicin, Book 2)
>Duphly, Jacques : La Médée, for harpsichord (from Pièces de Clavicin, Book 3)
Performer Composers

Notes & Reviews:

La Pléiade, french for The Pleiades (name of a constellation of stars), is a collection of 18th Century French harpsichord music performed by the Mexican harpist Gomez. The selected repertoire favors those composers still active around the second half of the 18th century, when the traditional harpsichord was losing ground to the brand new fortepiano as the keyboard instrument of choice.

American Record Guide, September / October 2012
She plays with admirable energy and a strong sense of that elusive quality that Baroque musicians liked to talk about but never quite define: good taste. I enjoyed her decision to apply rhythmic inequality to the arpeggiated figures in 'L'Aimable' (Royer). Most often inequality ("notes inegales") is applied to scalar material but there are exceptions. Her way of playing 'L'Aimable' reminded me of other French pieces with dotted or unequal arpeggios, like Francois Couperin's 'Audacieuse' or 'La De Vatre' by Duphly.

Notes & Reviews:

Recording information: Fábrica De Exitos, México (04/2011).



Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review
 

Also Purchased

Works Details

>Roux, Gaspard Le : Chaconne
  • Performer: Claudine Gomez-Vuistaz (Harpsichord)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 51 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Rameau, Jean-Philippe : Le Rappel des oiseaux, for harpsichord in E minor (Pièces de clavecin avec une méthode)
  • Performer: Claudine Gomez-Vuistaz (Harpsichord)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 49 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1724

>Rameau, Jean-Philippe : Les Tendres plaintes, for harpsichord in D minor (Pièces de clavecin avec une méthode)
  • Performer: Claudine Gomez-Vuistaz (Harpsichord)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 59 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Rameau, Jean-Philippe : La Livri, version for solo harpsichord (Pièces de clavecin en concerts)
  • Performer: Claudine Gomez-Vuistaz (Harpsichord)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 44 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1741

>Rameau, Jean-Philippe : L'Entretien des Muses, for harpsichord in D minor (Pièces de clavecin avec une méthode)
  • Performer: Claudine Gomez-Vuistaz (Harpsichord)
  • Running Time: 5 min. 54 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Rameau, Jean-Philippe : L'Égyptienne, for harpsichord in G minor (Nouvelles suites)
  • Performer: Claudine Gomez-Vuistaz (Harpsichord)
  • Notes: Composition written: France.
  • Running Time: 2 min. 52 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Royer, Joseph-Nicolas-Pan : La Majestueuse, courante for harpsichord in D minor
  • Performer: Claudine Gomez-Vuistaz (Harpsichord)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 44 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Royer, Joseph-Nicolas-Pan : La Zaïde, rondeau for harpsichord in D major
  • Performer: Claudine Gomez-Vuistaz (Harpsichord)
  • Running Time: 5 min. 58 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Royer, Joseph-Nicolas-Pan : L'Aimable, for harpsichord in G minor
  • Performer: Claudine Gomez-Vuistaz (Harpsichord)
  • Running Time: 5 min. 5 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Royer, Joseph-Nicolas-Pan : La Sensible, rondeau for harpsichord in C minor
  • Performer: Claudine Gomez-Vuistaz (Harpsichord)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 26 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Royer, Joseph-Nicolas-Pan : La Marche des Scythes, for harpsichord in C minor (Book 1)
  • Performer: Claudine Gomez-Vuistaz (Harpsichord)
  • Running Time: 6 min. 57 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Form: March
  • Written: 1746

>Duphly, Jacques : Les Grâces, for harpsichord (from Pièces de Clavicin, Book 3)
  • Performer: Claudine Gomez-Vuistaz (Harpsichord)
  • Running Time: 7 min. 8 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1758

>Duphly, Jacques : La de Belombre, for harpsichord (from Pièces de Clavicin, Book 3)
  • Performer: Claudine Gomez-Vuistaz (Harpsichord)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 38 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1758

>Duphly, Jacques : La Pothoüin, rondeau for harpsichord (from Pièces de Clavicin, Book 4)
  • Performer: Claudine Gomez-Vuistaz (Harpsichord)
  • Running Time: 5 min. 49 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1768

>Duphly, Jacques : La Félix, for harpsichord (from Pièces de Clavicin, Book 2)
  • Performer: Claudine Gomez-Vuistaz (Harpsichord)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 10 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1748

>Duphly, Jacques : La Médée, for harpsichord (from Pièces de Clavicin, Book 3)
  • Performer: Claudine Gomez-Vuistaz (Harpsichord)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 3 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque