- Bruckner — Symphony No. 2 in C Minor, WAB 102: I. Allegro. Ziemlich schnell (1877 Version, ed. R. Haas)
- Bruckner — Symphony No. 2 in C Minor, WAB 102: II. Andante. Feierlich, etwas bewegt (1877 Version, ed. R. Haas)
- Bruckner — Symphony No. 2 in C Minor, WAB 102: III. Scherzo. Schnell (1877 Version, ed. R. Haas) $0.99 on iTunes
- Bruckner — Symphony No. 2 in C Minor, WAB 102: IV. Finale. Mehr schnell (1877 Version, ed. R. Haas)
Notes & Reviews:
We continue our astonishing Bruckner cycle with the rarely performed 2nd Symphony. As in the case in the 1st, Venzago has chosen a top orchestra of relatively small instrumental dimensions. 'After the many new recordings of the Bruckner symphonies, finally an interpretation that genuinely exhibits character and in a very musical way offers the listener the opportunity to complement his picture of Bruckner'(Pizzicato 3/12).
Gramophone Magazine, October 2012
A regular box of surprises, some of them quite startling...The principal virtue of the performance is in its agility, leanness and considerable subtlety of expression, the way it challenges the Bruckner cliche (weight, breadth, monumentality) with something utterly new...it's a valuable corrective.
Recording information: Hall One, The Sage Gateshead (11/22/2011-11/25/2011).
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Bruckner: 0 & 1 / Tapiola Sinfonietta, Venzago
Bruckner: Symphonies Nos. 4 & 7 / Mario Venzago - Basel SO
Saint-Saens: Organ Symphony; Poulenc: Organ Concerto in G minor / Thomas Trotter, organ
Johann Christian Schieferdecker: Geistliche Konzerte / Mertens, Kobow, Eckert
Pietro Locatelli: 24 Capriccios for solo Violin / Emmanuele Baldini, violin
Prokofiev: Symphony No. 5; The Year 1941 / Marin Alsop
Saint-Saens: Orchestral Works / Neeme Jarvi
Bottesini: Capriccio di Bravura / Rick Stotijn, double bass; Amsterdam Sinfonietta
Julius Rontgen: Symphonies Nos. 6, 5, 19 / Consensus Vocalis, Netherlands SO
Works DetailsBruckner, Anton : Symphony no 2 in C minor, WAB 102
- Conductor: Mario Venzago
- Ensemble: Northern Sinfonia
- Notes: Hall One, The Sage Gateshead (11/22/2011-11/25/2011)
- Running Time: 56 min. 27 sec.
- Period Time: Romantic
- Form: Orchestral
- Written: 1871-1876