- Mahler — Symphony No. 9 in D Major: I. Andante comodo
- Mahler — Symphony No. 9 in D Major: II. Im Tempo eines gemachlichen Landlers - Etwas tappisch und sehr derb
- Mahler — Symphony No. 9 in D Major: III. Rondo-Burleske. Allegro assai
- Mahler — Symphony No. 9 in D Major: IV. Adagio - Sehr langsam und noch zuruckhaltend
Notes & Reviews:
Bernard Haitank is a regular guest on the podium of the Bavarian Radio Symphony Orchestra. In December 2011, the conductor from the Netherlands led the orchestra in Mahler's Ninth Symphony and was highly praised for his "old-wise" interpretation. Following Bruckner's 5th Symphony, this is the second release Bernard Haitink has presented with the Bavarian Radio Symphony Orchestra on the BR Klassik label.
The Guardian, July 2012
There's a feeling of urgency about this new performance that I don't remember in Haitink's Mahler before, as if he is now almost impatient with the Ninth's resigned acceptance of mortality. There's an angularity about the woodwind lines and a rawness to the textures from what is one of Europe's finest orchestras that seems to expose the music's nerve ends; it's not always comfortable listening, but it is sometimes startling.
Recording information: München, Philharmonie im Gasteig (12/15/2011-12/16/2011).
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Brahms: Symphonies nos 2 & 3
Brahms: Symphonies Nos 1 & 4 / Bavarian RSO - Jansons
Bruckner: Symphony No. 5 / Haitink
J.S. Bach: Sonatas & Partitas for solo violin, BWV 1001-1003 / Isabelle Faust, violin
Britten: War Requiem / Ian Bostridge, Simon Keenlyside, Sabina Cvilak - Noseda
Holst: The Planets; John Williams: Star Wars Suite / Zubin Mehta - Los Angeles PO
Faure: Requiem; Pavane / Sylvia McNair, Thomas Allen, Neville Marrinier - ASMF
Grieg: Peer Gynt; Piano Concerto / Stephen Kovacevich, piano; Colin Davis; Herbert Blomstedt
Beethoven: Piano Concertos No. 5 'Emperor'; Piano Concerto No. 4 / Stephen Kovacevich, piano
Works DetailsMahler, Gustav : Symphony no 9 in D major
- Conductor: Bernard Haitink
- Ensemble: Bavarian Radio Symphony Orchestra
- Notes: München, Philharmonie im Gasteig (12/15/2011-12/16/2011)
- Running Time: 79 min. 50 sec.
- Period Time: Post Romantic
- Form: Orchestral
- Written: 1908-1909
- Studio/Live: Live