1 800 222 6872

Harpsichord Music from England, Spain and Portugal, 16th - 18th centuries / Zuzana Ruzickova, harpsichord

Audio Samples

>Dowland, John [Composer] : Mellancoly Galliard, for lute, P 25
>Dowland, John [Composer] : The Shoemaker's Wife, a Toy, for lute, P 58
>Dowland, John [Composer] : Lady Hunsdon's Almain (Lady Hunsdon's Puffe), for lute, P 54
>Richardson, Ferdinando : Pavana (Fitzwilliam Virginal Book)
>Anonymous : Almande
>Bull, John : Doctor Bull's Goodnight, for keyboard, MB 143
>Bull, John : In nomine (Musica Britannica No 4) for keyboard
>Bull, John : Walsingham, for keyboard, MB 85
>Bull, John : King's Hunt, for keyboard, Fvb 135, MB 125
>Munday, John : Bonnie Sweet Robin
>Morley, Thomas [Composer] : Alman, for keyboard in C major
>Peerson, Martin : The Fall of the Leafe, for harpsichord, P6/3
>Byrd, William : Pavan & Galiardas "Passamezzo"
>     Galiarda
>Farnaby, Giles [Composer] : Nobodyes Gigue, FVB 149
>Purcell, Henry : Air for harpsichord in G major, Z. 641
>Purcell, Henry : Canary (from "The Indian Queen" (as Z. 630/18)) for harpsichord in B flat major, ZT 677
>Craft, William : Ground
>Cabezón, Antonio de : Tiento del quinto tono
>Cabezón, Antonio de : La Dama le demanda
>Seixas, Carlos de : Keyboard Sonata no 35 in E minor [Allegro]
>Seixas, Carlos de : Keyboard Sonata no 14 in C minor (Allegro - Minuet 1 - Minuet 2)
>Seixas, Carlos de : Toccata for keyboard in F minor
>Carvalho, Joao de Sousa : Toccata for harpsichord in G minor
>Soler, Antonio [Composer] : Keyboard Sonata in E minor, MV6
>Soler, Antonio [Composer] : Keyboard Sonata no 15 in G major, K. I. B. 15
>Soler, Antonio [Composer] : Keyboard Sonata no 28 in C major
>Soler, Antonio [Composer] : Keyboard Sonata no 70 in A minor
>Soler, Antonio [Composer] : Keyboard Sonata no 6 in F major
>Soler, Antonio [Composer] : Keyboard Sonata in D flat major

Album Summary

>Dowland, John [Composer] : Mellancoly Galliard, for lute, P 25
>Dowland, John [Composer] : The Shoemaker's Wife, a Toy, for lute, P 58
>Dowland, John [Composer] : Lady Hunsdon's Almain (Lady Hunsdon's Puffe), for lute, P 54
>Richardson, Ferdinando : Pavana (Fitzwilliam Virginal Book)
>Anonymous : Almande
>Bull, John : Doctor Bull's Goodnight, for keyboard, MB 143
>Bull, John : In nomine (Musica Britannica No 4) for keyboard
>Bull, John : Walsingham, for keyboard, MB 85
>Bull, John : King's Hunt, for keyboard, Fvb 135, MB 125
>Munday, John : Bonnie Sweet Robin
>Morley, Thomas [Composer] : Alman, for keyboard in C major
>Peerson, Martin : The Fall of the Leafe, for harpsichord, P6/3
>Byrd, William : Pavan & Galiardas "Passamezzo"
>Farnaby, Giles [Composer] : Nobodyes Gigue, FVB 149
>Purcell, Henry : Air for harpsichord in G major, Z. 641
>Purcell, Henry : Canary (from "The Indian Queen" (as Z. 630/18)) for harpsichord in B flat major, ZT 677
>Craft, William : Ground
>Cabezón, Antonio de : Tiento del quinto tono
>Cabezón, Antonio de : La Dama le demanda
>Seixas, Carlos de : Keyboard Sonata no 35 in E minor [Allegro]
>Seixas, Carlos de : Keyboard Sonata no 14 in C minor (Allegro - Minuet 1 - Minuet 2)
>Seixas, Carlos de : Toccata for keyboard in F minor
>Carvalho, Joao de Sousa : Toccata for harpsichord in G minor
>Soler, Antonio [Composer] : Keyboard Sonata in E minor, MV6
>Soler, Antonio [Composer] : Keyboard Sonata no 15 in G major, K. I. B. 15
>Soler, Antonio [Composer] : Keyboard Sonata no 28 in C major
>Soler, Antonio [Composer] : Keyboard Sonata no 70 in A minor
>Soler, Antonio [Composer] : Keyboard Sonata no 6 in F major
>Soler, Antonio [Composer] : Keyboard Sonata in D flat major
Performer Composers

Notes & Reviews:

To celebrate the 85th birthday of the "First Lady of the Harpsichord", Supraphon is once more returning to Zuzana Ruicková's extensive discography. Hot on the heels of the previous release (SU 4117-2), dedicated to Bach, Scarlatti and 20th-century works, this CD is focused on the very beginnings of the history of the harpsichord and the music intended for this instrument. The period spanning the 16th-18th centuries delimitates (disregarding modern music) the entire epoch of the harpsichord's pre-eminence. Juxtaposing the harpsichord repertoire from the Iberian Peninsula with that hailing from the British Isles gives rise to interesting comparisons. Spain and England had bitter long-term political tensions, yet when it comes to the beginnings of music for keyboards we can find strong similarities between the two countries, including the influence of the powerful organ and lute traditions. Zuzana Ruicková's supreme musicality makes these recordings more than a document; her accounts allow this precious music to dazzle in fine shades of colour and light. These sublime recordings are being released on CD for the very first time.



Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review
 

Also Purchased



Previous


Next


Works Details

>Dowland, John [Composer] : Mellancoly Galliard, for lute, P 25
  • Performer: Zuzanna Ruzickova (Harpsichord)
  • Running Time: 3 min. sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance
  • Written: by 1626

>Dowland, John [Composer] : The Shoemaker's Wife, a Toy, for lute, P 58
  • Performer: Zuzanna Ruzickova (Harpsichord)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 10 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance
  • Written: by 1626

>Dowland, John [Composer] : Lady Hunsdon's Almain (Lady Hunsdon's Puffe), for lute, P 54
  • Performer: Zuzanna Ruzickova (Harpsichord)
  • Running Time: 1 min. sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance

>Richardson, Ferdinando : Pavana (Fitzwilliam Virginal Book)
  • Performer: Zuzanna Ruzickova (Harpsichord)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 15 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance

>Anonymous : Almande
  • Performer: Zuzanna Ruzickova (Harpsichord)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 47 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Bull, John : Doctor Bull's Goodnight, for keyboard, MB 143
  • Performer: Zuzanna Ruzickova (Harpsichord)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 57 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance

>Bull, John : In nomine (Musica Britannica No 4) for keyboard
  • Performer: Zuzanna Ruzickova (Harpsichord)
  • Notes: Composition written: United Kingdom.
  • Running Time: 4 min. 3 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance

>Bull, John : Walsingham, for keyboard, MB 85
  • Performer: Zuzanna Ruzickova (Harpsichord)
  • Running Time: 5 min. 57 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance

>Bull, John : King's Hunt, for keyboard, Fvb 135, MB 125
  • Performer: Zuzanna Ruzickova (Harpsichord)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 58 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance
  • Written: circa 1600

>Munday, John : Bonnie Sweet Robin
  • Performer: Zuzanna Ruzickova (Harpsichord)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 5 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance

>Morley, Thomas [Composer] : Alman, for keyboard in C major
  • Performer: Zuzanna Ruzickova (Harpsichord)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 9 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance

>Peerson, Martin : The Fall of the Leafe, for harpsichord, P6/3
  • Performer: Zuzanna Ruzickova (Harpsichord)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 29 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Byrd, William : Pavan & Galiardas "Passamezzo" :: Galiarda
  • Performer: Zuzanna Ruzickova (Harpsichord)
  • Running Time: 5 min. 45 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance

>Farnaby, Giles [Composer] : Nobodyes Gigue, FVB 149
  • Performer: Zuzanna Ruzickova (Harpsichord)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 7 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Purcell, Henry : Air for harpsichord in G major, Z. 641
  • Performer: Zuzanna Ruzickova (Harpsichord)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 35 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Purcell, Henry : Canary (from "The Indian Queen" (as Z. 630/18)) for harpsichord in B flat major, ZT 677
  • Performer: Zuzanna Ruzickova (Harpsichord)
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Craft, William : Ground
  • Performer: Zuzanna Ruzickova (Harpsichord)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 17 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Antonio de Cabezón (Composer) (circa 1510 - 1566) : Tiento del quinto tono
  • Performer: Zuzanna Ruzickova (Harpsichord)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 8 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance

>Antonio de Cabezón (Composer) (circa 1510 - 1566) : La Dama le demanda
  • Performer: Zuzanna Ruzickova (Harpsichord)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 11 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance

>Seixas, Carlos de : Keyboard Sonata no 35 in E minor [Allegro]
  • Performer: Zuzanna Ruzickova (Harpsichord)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 25 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Seixas, Carlos de : Keyboard Sonata no 14 in C minor (Allegro - Minuet 1 - Minuet 2)
  • Performer: Zuzanna Ruzickova (Harpsichord)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 40 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Seixas, Carlos de : Toccata for keyboard in F minor
  • Performer: Zuzanna Ruzickova (Harpsichord)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 24 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Carvalho, Joao de Sousa : Toccata for harpsichord in G minor
  • Performer: Zuzanna Ruzickova (Harpsichord)
  • Running Time: 5 min. 33 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical

>Soler, Antonio [Composer] : Keyboard Sonata in E minor, MV6
  • Performer: Zuzanna Ruzickova (Harpsichord)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 41 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical

>Soler, Antonio [Composer] : Keyboard Sonata no 15 in G major, K. I. B. 15
  • Performer: Zuzanna Ruzickova (Harpsichord)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 3 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical

>Soler, Antonio [Composer] : Keyboard Sonata no 28 in C major
  • Performer: Zuzanna Ruzickova (Harpsichord)
  • Running Time: 9 min. 4 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical

>Soler, Antonio [Composer] : Keyboard Sonata no 70 in A minor
  • Performer: Zuzanna Ruzickova (Harpsichord)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 42 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical

>Soler, Antonio [Composer] : Keyboard Sonata no 6 in F major
  • Performer: Zuzanna Ruzickova (Harpsichord)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 3 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical

>Soler, Antonio [Composer] : Keyboard Sonata in D flat major
  • Performer: Zuzanna Ruzickova (Harpsichord)
  • Running Time: 5 min. 11 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical