Notes & Reviews:
On this new, live album, Sol Gabetta plays with the Munich Philharmonic under the baton of Lorin Maazel. No stra nger to the music of Dmitri Shostakovich, it was with the Russian composer's Concerto No. 2 that she had her international breakthrough with the Vienna Philharmonic, winning the renowned Credit Suisse Young Artist Award. Rounding out the album is the only cello sonata from Sergei Rachmaninov, on which she is joined by Rachmaninov piano specialist, Olga Kern.
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Works DetailsShostakovich, Dmitri : Concerto for Cello no 1 in E flat major, Op. 107
- Performer: Sol Gabetta (Cello)
- Conductor: Lorin Maazel
- Ensemble: Munich Philharmonic Orchestra
- Notes: Philharmonie im Gasteig, Munich, Germany (2011-09-15&2011-09-17&2011-)
- Running Time: 32 min. 5 sec.
- Period Time: Modern
- Form: Concerto
- Written: 1959
- Studio/Live: Live
Rachmaninov, Sergei : Sonata for cello & piano in G minor, Op. 19
- Performers: Sol Gabetta (Cello); Olga Kern (Piano)
- Notes: Saal 1, Funkhaus Nalepastraáe, Berlin, Germany (05/27/2012-05/28/2012)
- Running Time: 35 min. 18 sec.
- Period Time: Post Romantic
- Written: 1901