Beethoven: Piano Sonatas Nos 1-3, 5-10 12-18, 23, 30-32 / Glenn Gould, piano

Album Summary

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Piano no 1 in F minor
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Piano no 2 in A major, Op. 2 no 2
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Piano no 3 in C major, Op. 2 no 3
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Piano no 5 in C minor, Op. 10 no 1
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Piano no 6 in F major, Op. 10 no 2
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Piano no 7 in D, Op. 10 no 3
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Piano no 12 in A flat major, Op. 26 "Funeral March"
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for piano no 8 in C minor, Op. 13 "Pathetique"
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Piano no 9 in E major, Op. 14 no 1
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Piano no 10 in G major, Op. 14 no 2
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Piano no 13 in E flat major, Op. 27 no 1 "Quasi una fantasia"
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Piano no 14 in C sharp minor, Op. 27/2 "Moonlight"
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Piano no 15 in D, Op. 28 "Pastorale)
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Piano no 23 in F minor, Op. 57 "Appassionata"
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Piano no 16 in G major, Op. 31 no 1
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Piano no 17 in D minor, Op. 31/2 "The Tempest"
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Piano no 18 in E flat, Op. 31
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Piano no 30 in E major, Op. 109
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Piano no 31 in A flat major, Op. 110
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Piano no 32 in C minor, Op. 111
Performer Composer

Notes & Reviews:

Sony Classical celebrates Glenn Gould's 80th Anniversary with The Glenn Gould Collection, the complete Glenn Gould CD collection in 20 volumes, each available separately. They include the Bach recordings, of course, but also Haydn, Beethoven, Schoenberg, the Moscow and Leningrad concerts from 1957, Live in Salzburg 1959 (with the Goldberg Variations), performances of works by Mozart, Brahms, Hindemith, and many other composers active from the renaissance and baroque periods all the way to the 20th century.

Notes & Reviews:

Recording information: Eaton's Auditorium, Toronto, Canada.



Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review
 

Also Purchased



Previous


Next


Works Details

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Piano no 1 in F minor
  • Performer: Glenn Gould (Piano)
  • Notes: Composition written: 1793-95.
  • Running Time: 17 min. 38 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1793-1795

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Piano no 2 in A major, Op. 2 no 2
  • Performer: Glenn Gould (Piano)
  • Notes: Composition written: 1794-95.
  • Running Time: 26 min. 11 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1794-1795

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Piano no 3 in C major, Op. 2 no 3
  • Performer: Glenn Gould (Piano)
  • Notes: Eaton's Auditorium, Toronto, Canada (1976-08-13_1976-08-14&1979-)
  • Running Time: 28 min. 37 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1794-1795

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Piano no 5 in C minor, Op. 10 no 1
  • Performer: Glenn Gould (Piano)
  • Notes: Composition written: 1795-97.
  • Running Time: 11 min. 29 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1795-1797

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Piano no 6 in F major, Op. 10 no 2
  • Performer: Glenn Gould (Piano)
  • Running Time: 10 min. 35 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1796-1797

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Piano no 7 in D, Op. 10 no 3
  • Performer: Glenn Gould (Piano)
  • Notes: 30th Street Studio, New York City, USA (11/02/1964/11/30/1964)
  • Running Time: 19 min. 23 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1797-1798

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Piano no 12 in A flat major, Op. 26 "Funeral March"
  • Performer: Glenn Gould (Piano)
  • Notes: Eaton's Auditorium, Toronto, Canada (11/04/1979-09/05/1979)
  • Running Time: 22 min. 47 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1800-1801

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for piano no 8 in C minor, Op. 13 "Pathetique"
  • Performer: Glenn Gould (Piano)
  • Notes: 30th Street Studio, New York City, USA (04/18/1966-04/19/1966)
  • Running Time: 14 min. 37 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1797-1798

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Piano no 9 in E major, Op. 14 no 1
  • Performer: Glenn Gould (Piano)
  • Notes: Composition written: 1798.
  • Running Time: 10 min. 24 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1798

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Piano no 10 in G major, Op. 14 no 2
  • Performer: Glenn Gould (Piano)
  • Notes: 30th Street Studio, New York City, USA (1966-02-10&1966-05-02_1966-)
  • Running Time: 16 min. 25 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1799

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Piano no 13 in E flat major, Op. 27 no 1 "Quasi una fantasia"
  • Performer: Glenn Gould (Piano)
  • Running Time: 20 min. 22 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1800-1801

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Piano no 14 in C sharp minor, Op. 27/2 "Moonlight"
  • Performer: Glenn Gould (Piano)
  • Running Time: 10 min. 9 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1801

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Piano no 15 in D, Op. 28 "Pastorale)
  • Performer: Glenn Gould (Piano)
  • Notes: Eaton's Auditorium, Toronto, Canada (06/13/1979/07/13/1979)
  • Running Time: 21 min. 5 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1801

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Piano no 23 in F minor, Op. 57 "Appassionata"
  • Performer: Glenn Gould (Piano)
  • Running Time: 31 min. 35 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1804-1805

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Piano no 16 in G major, Op. 31 no 1
  • Performer: Glenn Gould (Piano)
  • Notes: Eaton's Auditorium, Toronto, Canada (08/29/1971/05/15/1973)
  • Running Time: 19 min. 17 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1802

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Piano no 17 in D minor, Op. 31/2 "The Tempest"
  • Performer: Glenn Gould (Piano)
  • Notes: Eaton's Auditorium, Toronto, Canada (08/29/1971); 30th Street Studio, New York City, USA (08/29/1971); Eaton's Auditorium, Toronto, Canada (1960-07-11_1960-07-12&1960-); 30th Street Studio, New York City, USA (1960-07-11_1960-07-12&1960-)
  • Running Time: 20 min. 38 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1802

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Piano no 18 in E flat, Op. 31
  • Performer: Glenn Gould (Piano)
  • Notes: Eaton's Auditorium, Toronto, Canada (03/10/1967); 30th Street Studio, New York City, USA (03/10/1967); Eaton's Auditorium, Toronto, Canada (05/15/1973); 30th Street Studio, New York City, USA (05/15/1973)
  • Running Time: 16 min. 30 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1802

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Piano no 30 in E major, Op. 109
  • Performer: Glenn Gould (Piano)
  • Notes: This selection is a mono recording.
  • Running Time: 13 min. sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1820

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Piano no 31 in A flat major, Op. 110
  • Performer: Glenn Gould (Piano)
  • Notes: This selection is a mono recording.
  • Running Time: 9 min. 2 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1821-1822

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Piano no 32 in C minor, Op. 111
  • Performer: Glenn Gould (Piano)
  • Notes: This selection is a mono recording.
  • Running Time: 22 min. 30 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1821-1822