1 800 222 6872

25 Sentimental Favorites

Album Summary

>Waldteufel, Emile : Les Patineurs Valse ("Skater's Waltz"), Op. 183
>Borodin, Alexander : Quartet for Strings no 2 in D major
>Massenet, Jules : Méditation, for violin & orchestra (or other arrangement) (from opera "Thaïs")
>Tchaikovsky, Peter Ilyich : Sleeping Beauty Suite, Op. 66a
>Glière, Reinhold : The Red Poppy, ballet, Op. 70
>Strauss II (Junior), Johann : Künstler-Leben (Artists' Life), waltz for orchestra, Op. 316 (RV 316)
>Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus : Concerto for Piano no 21 in C major, K 467
>Chopin, Frédéric : Nocturne for piano no 2 in E flat major, Op. 9/2, CT. 109
>Schubert, Franz : Ave Maria
>Kreisler, Fritz : Liebesleid
>Fauré, Gabriel : Pavane, Op. 50
>Satie, Erik : Je te veux (I Want You), café-concert song for voice & piano
>Traditional, English : Greensleeves, folk song
>Albéniz, Isaac [Composer] : Suite española no 1, for piano, Op. 47, B. 7
>Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus : Concerto for Flute & Harp, K. 299 in C major
>Tchaikovsky, Peter Ilyich : Nutcracker Suite, Op. 71a
>Saint-Saëns, Camille : Carnival of the animals
>Borodin, Alexander : Prince Igor
>Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus : Le nozze di Figaro (The Marriage of Figaro), opera, K. 492
>Kreisler, Fritz : Schön Rosmarin, for violin & piano
>Rimsky-Korsakov, Nikolai : Scheherazade
>Fauré, Gabriel : Pelléas et Mélisande, incidental music and suite for orchestra, Op. 80
>Grieg, Edvard : Bryllupsdag på Troldhaugen (Wedding Day at Troldhaugen), lyric piece for piano, Op. 65/6
>Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus : Concerto for Clarinet in A major, K 622
>Mascagni, Pietro : Cavalleria rusticana, opera (melodramma) in 1 act
Performers Conductors Ensembles Composers


Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review

Works Details

>Waldteufel, Emile : Les Patineurs Valse ("Skater's Waltz"), Op. 183
  • Conductor: Philip Gibson
  • Running Time: 2 min. 50 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Waltz
  • Written: 1882

>Borodin, Alexander : Quartet for Strings no 2 in D major :: III
  • Ensemble: Concord String Quartet
  • Running Time: 3 min. 1 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1881

>Massenet, Jules : Méditation, for violin & orchestra (or other arrangement) (from opera "Thaïs")
  • Conductor: Frank Shipway
  • Running Time: 2 min. 56 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic

>Tchaikovsky, Peter Ilyich : Sleeping Beauty Suite, Op. 66a :: Waltz (edited for leisure listening)
  • Conductor: Frank Shipway
  • Running Time: 3 min. 53 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Ballet
  • Written: 1888-1889

>Glière, Reinhold : The Red Poppy, ballet, Op. 70 :: Phoenix (edited for leisure listening)
  • Conductor: Siegfried Landau
  • Running Time: 2 min. 32 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Form: Ballet
  • Written: 1928

>Strauss II (Junior), Johann : Künstler-Leben (Artists' Life), waltz for orchestra, Op. 316 (RV 316)
  • Conductor: Peter Falk
  • Running Time: 2 min. 53 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Waltz
  • Written: 1867

>Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus : Concerto for Piano no 21 in C major, K 467 :: II
  • Performer: Walter Klien (Piano)
  • Conductor: Günter Kehr
  • Running Time: 3 min. 19 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Concerto
  • Written: 1785

>Chopin, Frédéric : Nocturne for piano no 2 in E flat major, Op. 9/2, CT. 109
  • Performer: Abbey Simon (Piano)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 28 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1830-1832

>Schubert, Franz : Ave Maria
  • Performers: Eileen Flissler (Piano); Aaron Rosand (Violin)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 40 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1825

>Kreisler, Fritz : Liebesleid
  • Performers: Eileen Flissler (Piano); Aaron Rosand (Violin)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 36 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: by 1910

>Fauré, Gabriel : Pavane, Op. 50
  • Performers: Susan Jolles (Harp); Humbert Lucarelli (Oboe); Frank Morelli (Bassoon)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 27 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1887

>Satie, Erik : Je te veux (I Want You), café-concert song for voice & piano
  • Performers: Susan Jolles (Harp); Humbert Lucarelli (Oboe); Frank Morelli (Bassoon)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 15 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1897

>Traditional, English : Greensleeves, folk song
  • Performer: Elena Polonska (Harp)
  • Notes: Composition written: 1600.
  • Running Time: 1 min. 50 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance
  • Form: Vocal
  • Written: 1600

>Albéniz, Isaac [Composer] : Suite española no 1, for piano, Op. 47, B. 7 :: I
  • Performer: Konrad Ragossnig (Guitar)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 59 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1886

>Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus : Concerto for Flute & Harp, K. 299 in C major :: II
  • Performers: Catherine Michel (Harp); Renee Siebert (Flute)
  • Conductor: Jörg Faerber
  • Running Time: 4 min. 20 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1778

>Tchaikovsky, Peter Ilyich : Nutcracker Suite, Op. 71a :: Waltz of the Flowers (edited for leisure listening)
  • Conductor: Alberto Lizzio
  • Running Time: 3 min. 28 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Ballet
  • Written: 1892

>Saint-Saëns, Camille : Carnival of the animals
  • Conductor: Louis Froment
  • Running Time: 3 min. 6 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1886

>Borodin, Alexander : Prince Igor :: Polovtsian Dance No 08 (edited for lei
  • Conductor: Laurence Siegel
  • Running Time: 2 min. 42 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Opera/Operetta
  • Written: 1869-1887

>Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus : Le nozze di Figaro (The Marriage of Figaro), opera, K. 492 :: Sull'aria (arranged for winds & edited
  • Ensemble: New York Philomusica Winds
  • Running Time: 2 min. 9 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1786

>Kreisler, Fritz : Schön Rosmarin, for violin & piano
  • Performer: Bronislaw Gimpel (Violin)
  • Conductor: Curt Cremer
  • Running Time: 1 min. 48 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: by 1910

>Rimsky-Korsakov, Nikolai : Scheherazade :: Arab Song (edited for leisure listening)
  • Performer: Bronislaw Gimpel (Violin)
  • Conductor: Curt Cremer
  • Running Time: 4 min. 36 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1888

>Fauré, Gabriel : Pelléas et Mélisande, incidental music and suite for orchestra, Op. 80 :: Sicilenne (edited for leisur
  • Conductor: Louis Froment
  • Running Time: 3 min. 45 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1898

>Grieg, Edvard : Bryllupsdag på Troldhaugen (Wedding Day at Troldhaugen), lyric piece for piano, Op. 65/6 :: Excerpts
  • Conductor: Maurice Abravanel
  • Running Time: 2 min. 21 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1896

>Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus : Concerto for Clarinet in A major, K 622 :: II
  • Performer: Jost Michaels (Clarinet)
  • Conductor: Hubert Reichert
  • Running Time: 3 min. 14 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Concerto
  • Written: 1791

>Mascagni, Pietro : Cavalleria rusticana, opera (melodramma) in 1 act :: Intermezzo (edited for leisure listening)
  • Conductor: Mircea Popa
  • Running Time: 3 min. 15 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic