1 800 222 6872

The Sound of Cellos - The Yale Cellos Play Favorites

You may experience problems playing the sound clips on this page. We are aware of this problem and are working on it.
> Canon and Gigue in D major (arr. C. Tucker) - Canon in D major (arr. for cello ensemble)
> The 4 Seasons: Violin Concerto in F minor, Op. 8, No. 4, RV 297, "L'inverno" (Winter) (arr. B. Mehta) - I. Allegro non molto
> The 4 Seasons: Violin Concerto in F minor, Op. 8, No. 4, RV 297, "L'inverno" (Winter) (arr. B. Mehta) - II. Largo
> Adagio in G minor (arr. M. Tanner) - Adagio in G minor (arr. for cello ensemble)
> Tale of Tsar Saltan, Op. 57 (arr. L. Varga) - The Tale of Tsar Saltan: Flight of the Bumble-bee, Op. 57 (arr. for cello ensemble)
> 14 Songs, Op. 34 (arr. B. Mehta) - 14 Songs, Op. 34: No. 14. Vocalise in E minor (arr. for cello ensemble)
> Oboe Concerto No. 3 in G minor, HWV 287 (arr. L. Varga) - I. Grave
> Oboe Concerto No. 3 in G minor, HWV 287 (arr. L. Varga) - II. Allegro
> Oboe Concerto No. 3 in G minor, HWV 287 (arr. L. Varga) - III. Sarabande: Largo
> Oboe Concerto No. 3 in G minor, HWV 287 (arr. L. Varga) - IV. Allegro
> Requiem, Op. 66 (arr. for cello ensemble) - Requiem, op. 66 (arr. for cello ensemble)
> Elfentanz, Op. 39 (arr. M. Tanner) - Elfentanz, Op. 39 (arr. for cello ensemble)
> The Entertainer (arr. C. Tucker) - The Entertainer (arr. for cello ensemble)
> Largo (arr. B. Mehta) - Largo (arr. for cello ensemble)

Album Summary

>Pachelbel, Johann : Canon and Gigue for 3 Violins and Basso Continuo in D major
>Vivaldi, Antonio : Concerto for Violin in F major, Op. 8 no 3/RV 293 "L'autunno"
>Albinoni, Tomaso : Adagio for Organ and Strings in G minor
>Rimsky-Korsakov, Nikolai : Tale of Tsar Saltan
>Rachmaninov, Sergei : Songs (14), Op. 34
>Handel, George Frideric : Concerti grossi (12), Op. 6
>Handel, George Frideric : Suite for Harpsichord in D minor, HWV 437
>Handel, George Frideric : Work(s)
>Popper, David : Requiem for 3 cellos & orchestra, Op 66
>Popper, David : Elfentanz (Dance of the Elves), for cello & piano, Op. 39
>Joplin, Scott : The Entertainer
>Veracini, Francesco Maria : Largo for violin & piano in F sharp
Conductor Ensemble Composers


Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review

Works Details

>Pachelbel, Johann : Canon and Gigue for 3 Violins and Basso Continuo in D major
  • Conductor: Aldo Parisot
  • Ensemble: Yale Cellos
  • Running Time: 5 min. 19 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: after 1700

>Vivaldi, Antonio : Concerto for Violin in F major, Op. 8 no 3/RV 293 "L'autunno"
  • Conductor: Aldo Parisot
  • Ensemble: Yale Cellos
  • Running Time: 3 min. 47 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Form: Concerto
  • Written: 1725

>Vivaldi, Antonio : Concerto for Violin in F major, Op. 8 no 3/RV 293 "L'autunno"
  • Conductor: Aldo Parisot
  • Ensemble: Yale Cellos
  • Running Time: 3 min. 19 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Form: Concerto
  • Written: 1725

>Albinoni, Tomaso : Adagio for Organ and Strings in G minor
  • Conductor: Aldo Parisot
  • Ensemble: Yale Cellos
  • Running Time: 12 min. 44 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1945

>Rimsky-Korsakov, Nikolai : Tale of Tsar Saltan :: Flight of the Bum
  • Conductor: Aldo Parisot
  • Ensemble: Yale Cellos
  • Running Time: 1 min. 5 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Form: Opera/Operetta
  • Written: 1900-1901

>Rachmaninov, Sergei : Songs (14), Op. 34
  • Conductor: Aldo Parisot
  • Ensemble: Yale Cellos
  • Running Time: 7 min. 41 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic

>Handel, George Frideric : Concerti grossi (12), Op. 6 :: Unspecified excerpt
  • Conductor: Aldo Parisot
  • Ensemble: Yale Cellos
  • Running Time: 2 min. 33 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1739

>Handel, George Frideric : Concerti grossi (12), Op. 6 :: Unspecified excerpt
  • Conductor: Aldo Parisot
  • Ensemble: Yale Cellos
  • Running Time: 2 min. 13 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1739

>Handel, George Frideric : Suite for Harpsichord in D minor, HWV 437 :: Sarabande. Largo
  • Conductor: Aldo Parisot
  • Ensemble: Yale Cellos
  • Running Time: 2 min. 47 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: circa 1705

>Handel, George Frideric : Work(s) :: Unspecified Allegro
  • Conductor: Aldo Parisot
  • Ensemble: Yale Cellos
  • Running Time: 1 min. 59 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Popper, David : Requiem for 3 cellos & orchestra, Op 66
  • Conductor: Aldo Parisot
  • Ensemble: Yale Cellos
  • Running Time: 9 min. 34 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Form: Choral

>Popper, David : Elfentanz (Dance of the Elves), for cello & piano, Op. 39
  • Conductor: Aldo Parisot
  • Ensemble: Yale Cellos
  • Running Time: 2 min. 40 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1881

>Joplin, Scott : The Entertainer
  • Conductor: Aldo Parisot
  • Ensemble: Yale Cellos
  • Running Time: 4 min. 16 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1902

>Veracini, Francesco Maria : Largo for violin & piano in F sharp
  • Conductor: Aldo Parisot
  • Ensemble: Yale Cellos
  • Running Time: 3 min. 52 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque