- Janice Chandler Eteme (Voice)
- Nicholas Preston (Voice)
- I-Chin Feinblatt (Voice)
- Christ˛pheren Nomura (Voice)
- Kevin Deas (Bass Baritone)
Notes & Reviews:
Orange Mountain Music presents the world première recording of Philip Glass' The Passion of Ramakrishna. Commissioned by the Pacific Symphony and premiered in 2006 during the opening of the Segerstrom Center for the Arts in Orange County, Glass' 45 minute oratorio, written for soloists, chorus and large orchestra, is a passion play and a tribute to 19th Century Indian spiritual leader Sri Ramakrishna. The work portrays his death with the chorus taking up the voice of Ramakrishna himself and the soloists are those of his loved ones, doctor and disciples. Maestro Carl St.Clair, a longtime champion of the music of Philip Glass, leads the Pacific Symphony, Pacific Chorale and soloists Christopheren Numura, Janice Chandler Eteme, Kevin Deas, I-Chin Feinblatt and Nicholas Preston.
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Works DetailsGlass, Philip : Passion of Ramakrishna, for soloists, chorus & orchestra
- Performers: Janice Chandler Eteme (Voice); Nicholas Preston (Voice); I-Chin Feinblatt (Voice); Christòpheren Nomura (Voice); Kevin Deas (Bass Baritone)
- Conductor: Carl St. Clair
- Ensemble: Pacific Symphony
- Running Time: 2 min. 47 sec.
- Period Time: Contemporary
- Written: 2006