- Klughardt — String Quartet in F major, Op. 42: I. Allegro
- Klughardt — String Quartet in F major, Op. 42: II. Adagio
- Klughardt — String Quartet in F major, Op. 42: III. Scherzo: Allegro molto. Moderato $0.99 on iTunes
- Klughardt — String Quartet in F major, Op. 42: IV. Allegro non troppo $0.99 on iTunes
- Klughardt — Piano Quintet in G Minor, Op. 43: I. Lento. Allegro con fuoco
- Klughardt — Piano Quintet in G Minor, Op. 43: II. Adagio $0.99 on iTunes
- Klughardt — Piano Quintet in G Minor, Op. 43: III. Moderato, molto espressivo $0.99 on iTunes
- Klughardt — Piano Quintet in G Minor, Op. 43: IV. Allegro non troppo $0.99 on iTunes
Notes & Reviews:
August Klughardt, a Brahms contemporary, was a vivid personality at the turn of 19th century. As a pianist, conductor, and composer, he had an enormous reputation and influence on the cultural life of eastern Germany. His repertoire was played along with the works of Beethoven, Mozart, and Schumann. Klughardt was a close friend of the great violinist Joseph Joachim, and devoted both of these works to him.
Expedition Audio Recommended
... For any listener who loves chamber music of the romantic period, this is a must. It only took the first couple of achingly lovely seconds of the String Quartet in F Major by August Klughardt for me to feel that I had found a very special recording... Both works are characterized by sweeping gestures, a richness of sonority, and the meticulous development of motifs. The period instrument Pleyel Quartett, and fortepianist Tobias Koch provide superb performances. ... read more ...
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Juon: Piano Quartets Op 50 & 37 / Triendl, Gaede, Schlichtig, Bruns
Paul Juon: Piano Quintet; Piano Sextet / Oliver Triendl; Thomas Grossenbacher; Carmina Quartett
Sigismund von Neukomm: Three Orchestral Fantasies; Sinfonie Heroique / Willens
Nielsen: Symphonies Nos. 2 "The Four Temperaments" & 3 "Sinfonia Espansiva" / Alan Gilbert, New York PO (live)
Tor Aulin (1866-1914): Master Olof; Swedish Dances Op. 32; Dances from Gotland / Niklas Willén
Poul Rovsing Olsen: Piano Concerto; Symphonic Variations; Au Fond de la Nuit / Christina Bjorkoe, piano
Johann Georg Reutter: Aria & Sinfonie / Olivia Vermeulen, soprano. Ensemble Nuovo Aspetto
Gliere: Symphony No. 3 (Ilya Muromets); Cello Concerto / Sergei Sudgilovsky, cello
Berlioz: Benvenuto Cellini / Franco Bonisolli, Teresa Zylis-Gara, Wolfgang Brendel - Ozawa