1 800 222 6872

Love Songs - chamber music arrangements from the music of Brahms, Dvorak, Suk / Diana Ketler & Konstantin Lifschitz, piano; Andrej Bielow, violin; Razvan Popovici, viola

Audio Samples

>Brahms, Johannes : Liebeslieder Waltzes (18) for piano, 4 hands, Op. 52a
>Brahms, Johannes : Songs (4) for voice & piano, Op. 70
>Brahms, Johannes : Songs (5) for voice & piano, Op. 105
>     Wie Melodien zeiht es mir leise durch den Sinn, Op. 105/1
>Dvorak, Antonin : Slavonic Dance no 9 for piano, 4 hands in B major, B. 145/1 (Op. 72/1)
>Dvorak, Antonin : Slavonic Dances (8) for Piano 4 hands, Op. 72/B 145
>Dvorak, Antonin : Slavonic Dance no 15 for piano, 4 hands in C major, B. 145/7 (Op. 72/7)
>Suk, Josef : Pieces (6) for Piano, Op. 7
>Dvorak, Antonin : Silent Woods (Klid), for piano, 4 hands (From the Bohemian Forest), B. 133/5 (Op. 68/5)
>Dvorak, Antonin : In the Spinning-Room (Na prastkach), for piano, 4 hands (From the Bohemian Forest), B. 133/1 (Op. 68

Album Summary

>Brahms, Johannes : Liebeslieder Waltzes (18) for piano, 4 hands, Op. 52a
>Brahms, Johannes : Songs (4) for voice & piano, Op. 70
>Brahms, Johannes : Songs (5) for voice & piano, Op. 105
>Dvorak, Antonin : Slavonic Dance no 9 for piano, 4 hands in B major, B. 145/1 (Op. 72/1)
>Dvorak, Antonin : Slavonic Dances (8) for Piano 4 hands, Op. 72/B 145
>Dvorak, Antonin : Slavonic Dance no 15 for piano, 4 hands in C major, B. 145/7 (Op. 72/7)
>Suk, Josef : Pieces (6) for Piano, Op. 7
>Dvorak, Antonin : Silent Woods (Klid), for piano, 4 hands (From the Bohemian Forest), B. 133/5 (Op. 68/5)
>Dvorak, Antonin : In the Spinning-Room (Na prastkach), for piano, 4 hands (From the Bohemian Forest), B. 133/1 (Op. 68
Performers Composers

Notes & Reviews:

Love Songs is a dialogue about love and its reflections, created by four very close friends, the pianists Diana Ketler and Konstantin Lifschitz, violinist Andrej Bielow, and violist Razvan Popovici. These musicians journey through the subliminal passion, bucolic nostalgia, and gentle irony of Brahms' Liebeslieder-Walzer, as well as the intimacy and warmth of his songs Wir Wandelten and Wie Melodien zieht es mir. They continue with the exuberant admiration for the universe in Dvorak's Slavonic Dances, the ecstatic desire of Suk's Love Song, and, finally, the spiritual adoration of nature in Dvorak's Silent Woods and In the Spinning Room.

Notes & Reviews:

Recording information: August Everding Saal, Grünwald (03/29/2012-03/31/2012).



Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review

Works Details

>Brahms, Johannes : Liebeslieder Waltzes (18) for piano, 4 hands, Op. 52a
  • Performers: Konstantin Lifschitz (Piano); Diana Ketler (Piano)
  • Notes: August Everding Saal, Grünwald (03/29/2012-03/31/2012)
  • Running Time: 19 min. 2 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Vocal
  • Written: 1874

>Brahms, Johannes : Songs (4) for voice & piano, Op. 70
  • Performers: Diana Ketler (Piano); Razvan Popovici (Viola)
  • Notes: August Everding Saal, Grünwald (03/29/2012-03/31/2012)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 34 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Vocal
  • Written: 1884

>Brahms, Johannes : Songs (5) for voice & piano, Op. 105 :: Wie Melodien zeiht es mir leise durch den Sinn, Op. 105/1
  • Performers: Diana Ketler (Piano); Razvan Popovici (Viola)
  • Notes: August Everding Saal, Grünwald (03/29/2012-03/31/2012)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 50 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Vocal
  • Written: 1886

>Antonin Dvorák (1841 - 1904) : Slavonic Dance no 9 for piano, 4 hands in B major, B. 145/1 (Op. 72/1)
  • Performers: Diana Ketler (Piano); Konstantin Lifschitz (Piano)
  • Notes: August Everding Saal, Grünwald (03/29/2012-03/31/2012)
  • Running Time: 4 min. sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic

>Antonin Dvorák (1841 - 1904) : Slavonic Dances (8) for Piano 4 hands, Op. 72/B 145
  • Performers: Diana Ketler (Piano); Konstantin Lifschitz (Piano)
  • Notes: August Everding Saal, Grünwald (03/29/2012-03/31/2012)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 36 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic

>Antonin Dvorák (1841 - 1904) : Slavonic Dances (8) for Piano 4 hands, Op. 72/B 145
  • Performers: Diana Ketler (Piano); Konstantin Lifschitz (Piano)
  • Notes: August Everding Saal, Grünwald (03/29/2012-03/31/2012)
  • Running Time: 5 min. 14 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic

>Antonin Dvorák (1841 - 1904) : Slavonic Dance no 15 for piano, 4 hands in C major, B. 145/7 (Op. 72/7)
  • Performers: Diana Ketler (Piano); Konstantin Lifschitz (Piano)
  • Notes: August Everding Saal, Grünwald (03/29/2012-03/31/2012)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 24 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic

>Suk, Josef : Pieces (6) for Piano, Op. 7
  • Performers: Diana Ketler (Piano); Andrei Bielow (Violin)
  • Notes: August Everding Saal, Grünwald (03/29/2012-03/31/2012)
  • Running Time: 6 min. 26 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic

>Antonin Dvorák (1841 - 1904) : Silent Woods (Klid), for piano, 4 hands (From the Bohemian Forest), B. 133/5 (Op. 68/5)
  • Performers: Diana Ketler (Piano); Konstantin Lifschitz (Piano)
  • Notes: August Everding Saal, Grünwald (03/29/2012-03/31/2012)
  • Running Time: 5 min. 19 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic

>Antonin Dvorák (1841 - 1904) : In the Spinning-Room (Na prástkách), for piano, 4 hands (From the Bohemian Forest), B. 133/1 (Op. 68
  • Performers: Diana Ketler (Piano); Konstantin Lifschitz (Piano)
  • Notes: August Everding Saal, Grünwald (03/29/2012-03/31/2012)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 50 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic