- Snorri Snorrason (Lute)
- Olof Oskarsdottir
- Eggert Palsson (Percussion)
- Sverrir Guthjonsson
- Camilla Söderberg (Recorder)
Notes & Reviews:
Sverrir Guðjónsson started his solo career at the age of seven. As a countertenor, he studied and worked in London. In addition to early music, Guðjónsson has commissioned and premiered numerous new works. He has devoted his life the musical heritage of Iceland, and is currently working on various projects related to old Icelandic music. These traditional songs have been approached from a fresh angle, to conjure up the ancient atmosphere of the Middle Ages and a sense of Icelandic roots. The combination of voice and early instruments create an atmosphere of haunting purity, taking the listener on a journey from sunrise to sunset.Notes & Reviews:
Recording information: Skáholt Cathedral, Iceland.
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Works DetailsGuthjonsson, Sverrir : Grafskrift (Epitaph) :: Medieval Iceland, for counter-tenor & chamber ensemble
- Performers: Camilla Söderberg (Recorder); Snorri Snorrason (Lute); Olof Oskarsdottir; Eggert Palsson (Percussion); Sverrir Guthjonsson
- Notes: This work was written in collaboration with Snorri Örn Snorrason.
- Running Time: 44 min. 9 sec.