1 800 222 6872

Generation / Songs & Duets by Mendelssohn, Beethoven, Schumann, Brahms, Wolf, Liszt, Wagner / Renate and Daniel Behle

Audio Samples

>Mendelssohn, Felix : Andres Maienlied ("Hexenlied"), Op. 8/8
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : An die ferne Geliebte, Op. 98
>Schumann, Robert : Belsatzar, Op. 57
>Brahms, Johannes : Songs (4) for voice & piano, Op. 46
>Brahms, Johannes : Songs (5) for voice & piano, Op. 47
>Brahms, Johannes : Songs (8) for voice & piano, Op. 57
>Brahms, Johannes : Feldeinsamkeit, Op. 86/2
>Brahms, Johannes : Versunken ("Es brausen der Liebe Wogen"), song for voice & piano, Op. 86/5
>Brahms, Johannes : Songs (5) for voice & piano, Op. 105
>Brahms, Johannes : Edward ("Dein Schwert wie ists"), duet for alto, tenor & piano, Op. 75/1
>Wolf, Hugo : Goethe Lieder
>Liszt, Franz : Über allen Gipfeln ist Ruh, S 306 "Wandrers Nachtlied II"
>Liszt, Franz : Es muss ein Wunderbares sein, S 314
>Wagner, Richard : Träume (Dreams) for violin & small orchestra in A flat major (from Wesendonck Lieder no 5), WWV 91b
>Wagner, Richard : Wesendonck Lieder

Album Summary

>Mendelssohn, Felix : Andres Maienlied ("Hexenlied"), Op. 8/8
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : An die ferne Geliebte, Op. 98
>Schumann, Robert : Belsatzar, Op. 57
>Brahms, Johannes : Songs (4) for voice & piano, Op. 46
>Brahms, Johannes : Songs (5) for voice & piano, Op. 47
>Brahms, Johannes : Songs (8) for voice & piano, Op. 57
>Brahms, Johannes : Feldeinsamkeit, Op. 86/2
>Brahms, Johannes : Versunken ("Es brausen der Liebe Wogen"), song for voice & piano, Op. 86/5
>Brahms, Johannes : Songs (5) for voice & piano, Op. 105
>Brahms, Johannes : Edward ("Dein Schwert wie ists"), duet for alto, tenor & piano, Op. 75/1
>Wolf, Hugo : Goethe Lieder
>Liszt, Franz : Über allen Gipfeln ist Ruh, S 306 "Wandrers Nachtlied II"
>Liszt, Franz : Es muss ein Wunderbares sein, S 314
>Wagner, Richard : Träume (Dreams) for violin & small orchestra in A flat major (from Wesendonck Lieder no 5), WWV 91b
>Wagner, Richard : Wesendonck Lieder
Performers Composers

Notes & Reviews:

On Generation, mother and son Renate Behle and Daniel Behle perform various operatic excerpts. For more than fifteen years Renate Behle has been one of the world's most outstanding interpreters of dramatic roles. Daniel Behle has won numerous awards including first prizes in the International Robert Stolz Competition and the Queen Sonja Competition.

American Record Guide, March / April 2013
This is the high point of the program, as all three artists deliver the drama with great intensity. The remainder of the program is sung my Renate, who remarks in her notes that she is now retired from the opera stage. Five Mignon songs of Wolf, two songs of Liszt, and three of Wagner's five Wesendonck Lieder make up the balance of the program. She sounds best when she sings softly; louder and sustained passages.

Notes & Reviews:

Recording information: Radiostudio, Zürich (10/04/2011-10/06/2011).



Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review

Works Details

>Mendelssohn, Felix : Andres Maienlied ("Hexenlied"), Op. 8/8
  • Performers: Oliver Schnyder (Piano); Daniel Behle (Tenor)
  • Notes: Radiostudio, Zürich (10/04/2011-10/06/2011)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 13 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: circa 1824-1825

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : An die ferne Geliebte, Op. 98
  • Performers: Oliver Schnyder (Piano); Daniel Behle (Tenor)
  • Notes: Radiostudio, Zürich (10/04/2011-10/06/2011)
  • Running Time: 11 min. 48 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1816

>Schumann, Robert : Belsatzar, Op. 57
  • Performers: Oliver Schnyder (Piano); Daniel Behle (Tenor)
  • Notes: Radiostudio, Zürich (10/04/2011-10/06/2011)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 8 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1840

>Brahms, Johannes : Songs (4) for voice & piano, Op. 46
  • Performers: Oliver Schnyder (Piano); Daniel Behle (Tenor)
  • Notes: Radiostudio, Zürich (10/04/2011-10/06/2011)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 44 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Vocal
  • Written: 1864

>Brahms, Johannes : Songs (4) for voice & piano, Op. 46
  • Performers: Oliver Schnyder (Piano); Daniel Behle (Tenor)
  • Notes: Radiostudio, Zürich (10/04/2011-10/06/2011)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 38 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1866

>Brahms, Johannes : Songs (5) for voice & piano, Op. 47
  • Performers: Oliver Schnyder (Piano); Daniel Behle (Tenor)
  • Notes: Radiostudio, Zürich (10/04/2011-10/06/2011)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 6 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 06/1868

>Brahms, Johannes : Songs (5) for voice & piano, Op. 47
  • Performers: Daniel Behle (Tenor); Oliver Schnyder (Piano)
  • Notes: Radiostudio, Zürich (10/04/2011-10/06/2011)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 22 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 01/04/1878

>Brahms, Johannes : Songs (8) for voice & piano, Op. 57
  • Performers: Oliver Schnyder (Piano); Daniel Behle (Tenor)
  • Notes: Radiostudio, Zürich (10/04/2011-10/06/2011)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 56 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1871

>Brahms, Johannes : Feldeinsamkeit, Op. 86/2
  • Performers: Oliver Schnyder (Piano); Daniel Behle (Tenor)
  • Notes: Radiostudio, Zürich (10/04/2011-10/06/2011)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 48 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Vocal
  • Written: 1878

>Brahms, Johannes : Versunken ("Es brausen der Liebe Wogen"), song for voice & piano, Op. 86/5
  • Performers: Oliver Schnyder (Piano); Daniel Behle (Tenor)
  • Notes: Radiostudio, Zürich (10/04/2011-10/06/2011)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 55 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic

>Brahms, Johannes : Songs (5) for voice & piano, Op. 105
  • Performers: Oliver Schnyder (Piano); Daniel Behle (Tenor)
  • Notes: Radiostudio, Zürich (10/04/2011-10/06/2011)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 58 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Vocal
  • Written: 1886

>Brahms, Johannes : Edward ("Dein Schwert wie ists"), duet for alto, tenor & piano, Op. 75/1
  • Performers: Oliver Schnyder (Piano); Daniel Behle (Tenor); Renate Behle (Soprano)
  • Notes: Radiostudio, Zürich (10/04/2011-10/06/2011)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 23 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1877

>Wolf, Hugo : Goethe Lieder
  • Performers: Oliver Schnyder (Piano); Renate Behle (Soprano)
  • Notes: Radiostudio, Zürich (10/04/2011-10/06/2011)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 3 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 12/19/1888

>Wolf, Hugo : Goethe Lieder
  • Performers: Oliver Schnyder (Piano); Renate Behle (Soprano)
  • Notes: Radiostudio, Zürich (10/04/2011-10/06/2011)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 27 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 12/18/1888

>Wolf, Hugo : Goethe Lieder
  • Performers: Renate Behle (Soprano); Oliver Schnyder (Piano)
  • Notes: Radiostudio, Zürich (10/04/2011-10/06/2011)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 26 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 12/22/1888

>Wolf, Hugo : Goethe Lieder
  • Performers: Oliver Schnyder (Piano); Renate Behle (Soprano)
  • Notes: Radiostudio, Zürich (10/04/2011-10/06/2011)
  • Running Time: 6 min. 43 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 12/17/1888

>Liszt, Franz : Über allen Gipfeln ist Ruh, S 306 "Wandrers Nachtlied II"
  • Performers: Oliver Schnyder (Piano); Renate Behle (Soprano)
  • Notes: Radiostudio, Zürich (10/04/2011-10/06/2011)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 9 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1846-1860

>Liszt, Franz : Es muss ein Wunderbares sein, S 314
  • Performers: Oliver Schnyder (Piano); Renate Behle (Soprano)
  • Notes: Radiostudio, Zürich (10/04/2011-10/06/2011)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 31 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Vocal
  • Written: 1852

>Wagner, Richard : Träume (Dreams) for violin & small orchestra in A flat major (from Wesendonck Lieder no 5), WWV 91b
  • Performers: Oliver Schnyder (Piano); Renate Behle (Soprano)
  • Notes: Radiostudio, Zürich (10/04/2011-10/06/2011)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 2 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1857

>Wagner, Richard : Wesendonck Lieder
  • Performers: Oliver Schnyder (Piano); Renate Behle (Soprano)
  • Notes: Radiostudio, Zürich (10/04/2011-10/06/2011)
  • Running Time: 5 min. 8 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1857-1858

>Wagner, Richard : Wesendonck Lieder
  • Performers: Renate Behle (Soprano); Oliver Schnyder (Piano)
  • Notes: Radiostudio, Zürich (10/04/2011-10/06/2011)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 59 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1857-1858