Piano Concertos by Mozart, Beethoven, Brahms / Maurizio Pollini, piano

Album Summary

>Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus : Concerto for Piano no 23 in A major, K 488
>Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus : Concerto for Piano no 19 in F major, K 459
>Brahms, Johannes : Concerto for Piano no 2 in B flat major, Op. 83
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Concerto for Piano no 5 "Emperor"
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Fantasia in C minor, Op. 80 "Choral Fantasy"
>Brahms, Johannes : Concerto for Piano no 1 in D minor, Op. 15
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Concerto for Piano no 1 in C major, Op. 15
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Concerto for Piano no 2 in B flat major, Op. 19
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Concerto for Piano no 3 in C minor, Op. 37
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Concerto for Piano no 4 in G major, Op. 58
>Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus : Concerto for Piano no 17 in G major, K 453
>Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus : Concerto for Piano no 21 in C major, K 467
>Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus : Concerto for Piano no 12 in A major, K 414 (385p)
>Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus : Concerto for Piano no 24 in C minor, K 491
Performers Conductors Ensemble
  • >
Composers

Notes & Reviews:

Gramophone
Pollini's intensity belies his age in this commanding performance of vibrant young Schumann from a truly magisterial talent.

Long recognized as a supreme Schumann interpreter, one of "unfaltering poise" and "magisterial talent" by Gramophone, Maurizio Pollini recorded a wide selection of solo works and the Piano Concerto between 1973 and 2002. Here, in a single box for first time, are all of his acclaimed Schumann recordings on Deutsche Grammophon.



Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review

Works Details

>Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus : Concerto for Piano no 23 in A major, K 488
  • Performer: Maurizio Pollini (Piano)
  • Conductor: Karl Böhm
  • Running Time: 26 min. 44 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Concerto
  • Written: 1786

>Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus : Concerto for Piano no 19 in F major, K 459
  • Performer: Maurizio Pollini (Piano)
  • Conductor: Karl Böhm
  • Running Time: 28 min. 35 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Concerto
  • Written: 1784

>Brahms, Johannes : Concerto for Piano no 2 in B flat major, Op. 83
  • Performers: Robert Scheiwein (Cello); Maurizio Pollini (Piano)
  • Conductor: Claudio Abbado
  • Running Time: 47 min. 32 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Concerto
  • Written: 1881

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Concerto for Piano no 5 "Emperor"
  • Performer: Maurizio Pollini (Piano)
  • Conductor: Karl Böhm
  • Running Time: 38 min. 50 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Concerto
  • Written: 1809

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Fantasia in C minor, Op. 80 "Choral Fantasy"
  • Performers: Andreas Esders; Gretchen Eder (Soprano); Gerhard Eder (Bass); Gabriele Lechner (Soprano); Jorge Pita; Maurizio Pollini (Piano)
  • Conductor: Claudio Abbado
  • Running Time: 3 min. 18 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1808

>Brahms, Johannes : Concerto for Piano no 1 in D minor, Op. 15
  • Performer: Maurizio Pollini (Piano)
  • Conductor: Karl Böhm
  • Running Time: 45 min. 26 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Concerto
  • Written: 1854-1859

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Concerto for Piano no 1 in C major, Op. 15
  • Performer: Maurizio Pollini (Piano)
  • Conductor: Claudio Abbado
  • Running Time: 37 min. 31 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Concerto
  • Written: 1798

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Concerto for Piano no 2 in B flat major, Op. 19
  • Performer: Maurizio Pollini (Piano)
  • Conductor: Claudio Abbado
  • Running Time: 28 min. 2 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Concerto
  • Written: 1788-1798

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Concerto for Piano no 3 in C minor, Op. 37
  • Performer: Maurizio Pollini (Piano)
  • Conductor: Claudio Abbado
  • Running Time: 35 min. 47 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Concerto
  • Written: 1800-1803

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Concerto for Piano no 4 in G major, Op. 58
  • Performer: Maurizio Pollini (Piano)
  • Conductor: Claudio Abbado
  • Running Time: 32 min. 33 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Concerto
  • Written: 1805-1806

>Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus : Concerto for Piano no 17 in G major, K 453
  • Performer: Maurizio Pollini (Piano)
  • Conductor: Maurizio Pollini
  • Running Time: 28 min. 36 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Concerto
  • Written: 1784
  • Studio/Live: Live

>Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus : Concerto for Piano no 21 in C major, K 467
  • Performer: Maurizio Pollini (Piano)
  • Conductor: Maurizio Pollini
  • Running Time: 27 min. 12 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Concerto
  • Written: 1785
  • Studio/Live: Live

>Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus : Concerto for Piano no 12 in A major, K 414 (385p)
  • Performer: Maurizio Pollini (Piano)
  • Conductor: Maurizio Pollini
  • Notes: Composition written: 1782.
  • Running Time: 24 min. 49 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Concerto
  • Written: 1782
  • Studio/Live: Live

>Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus : Concerto for Piano no 24 in C minor, K 491
  • Performer: Maurizio Pollini (Piano)
  • Conductor: Maurizio Pollini
  • Running Time: 30 min. 20 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Concerto
  • Written: 1786
  • Studio/Live: Live