- Eduardo Tercero (Voice)
- Matthew Trevino
- Kelli Shircliffe
- Ryland Angel (Countertenor)
- Melissa Givens (Soprano)
Notes & Reviews:
The magnificent Psalmi ad Vesperas of Giovanni Paolo Colonna illustrate the little-known splendor of late 17th century sacred music in northern Italy. Colonna's music is strongly tonal and frequently modulates briefly to illustrate particular words of the text. The work is performed by the Houston Chamber Choir, a professional ensemble at the forefront of choral music in the United States.
American Record Guide, March / April 2013
The solo vocal writing is highly virtuosic in places. The performance by Robert Simpson and the Houston Chamber Choir and Orchestra is highly respectable. The music itself is thoroughly professional.
Recording information: The Church of St. John the Divine, Houston, Texas (10/31/2011-11/02/2011).
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Works DetailsColonna, Giovanni Paolo : Psalmi ad Vesperas
- Performers: Eduardo Tercero (Voice); Matthew Trevino; Kelli Shircliffe; Ryland Angel (Countertenor); Melissa Givens (Soprano)
- Conductor: Robert Simpson
- Ensemble: Houston Chamber Choir
- Notes: The Church of St. John the Divine, Houston, Texas (10/31/2011-11/02/2011)
- Running Time: 77 min. 39 sec.
- Period Time: Baroque