- Ta Boa, Santa? (Are You Ok, My Dear?) $0.99 on iTunes
- Aparecida $0.99 on iTunes
- Oblivion $0.99 on iTunes
- Cubano Chant $0.99 on iTunes
- Sanfona (Concertina) $0.99 on iTunes
- Canción de Amor (Love Song) $0.99 on iTunes
- Heavy Tango $0.99 on iTunes
- Tango Doblado (Bent Tango) $0.99 on iTunes
- Spleen (Duet) $0.99 on iTunes
- Gracias por Ilustrarnos (Thank You for Teaching Us) $0.99 on iTunes
Personnel: Christian Howes (violin); Richard Galliano (accordion); Josh Nelson (piano); Lewis Nash (drums).
Audio Mixers: George Klabin; Fran Fala.
Liner Note Author: Howard Mandel.
Photographers: Jacky Lepage; Cyrus Fire.
Violinist Christian Howes moves away from the soulful blues and funky jazz of his 2010 album, Out of the Blue, and delves deep into flamenco and Latin rhythms on 2013's Southern Exposure. Featuring accordionist Richard Galliano, as well as pianist Josh Nelson, bassist Scott Colley, and drummer Lewis Nash, Southern Exposure is fluid, passionate set of songs that showcase both Howes' and Galliano's affinity toward mixing swinging jazz with Argentinian tango, languid ballads, and a few more progressive and adventurous cuts, like their take on Ray Bryant's fiery "Cubano Chant." Besides his and Galliano's stellar original compositions, Howes also includes songs by Astor Piazzolla and Paco de Lucía. ~ Matt Collar