- Galina Vishnevskaya (Soprano)
Notes & Reviews:
Another rare recording of David Oistrakh as a conductor! The outstanding violinist realized his dream of conducting for the first time in 1962. He conducted some of the well-known orchestras of Moscow, Leningrad, and European cities to enthusiastic reviews from both the public and music critics. This interpretation of Mahler's Symphony No. 4 features Galina Vishnevskaya, who was at the peak of her vocal career at the time. The acute, poignant, and at the same time childishly naïve music of the final movement finds a splendid interpreter in this remarkable singer.Notes & Reviews:
Recording information: 1967.
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Works DetailsMahler, Gustav : Symphony no 4 in G major
- Performer: Galina Vishnevskaya (Soprano)
- Conductor: David Oistrakh
- Ensemble: Moscow Philharmonic Orchestra
- Running Time: 55 min. 19 sec.
- Period Time: Post Romantic
- Form: Orchestral
- Written: 1899-1900