1 800 222 6872

In Dublin's Fair City - Parry, Burgon, Warlock, Wesley, Britten et al.; Choristers of Saint PatrickÆs Cathedral; David Leigh, organ

Audio Samples

>Parry, Charles H. : Dear Lord and Father of mankind (Tune
>     Repton), anthem
>Parry, Charles H. : Hear My Words, Ye People
>     He Delivered the Poor
>Burgon, Geoffrey : Nunc dimittis, for chorus, trumpet & organ
>Warlock, Peter [Composer] : Bethlehem Down, carol for chorus & organ
>Wesley, Samuel Sebastian : Wherewithal Shall a Young Man
>     With My Whole Heart
>Britten, Benjamin : Corpus Christi Carol, for voice or unison chorus & organ
>Britten, Benjamin : Ceremony of Carols
>     There Is No Rose
>     Interlude
>Dexter, John : How Far Is It to Bethlehem?, for chorus & organ
>Handel, George Frideric : Messiah, HWV 56, Oratorio
>     How Beautiful Are the Feet
>Vivaldi, Antonio : Concerto in D major, RV 93
>     Largo
>Dines, Ernest : Jubilate Deo, for chorus & organ (from St. Patrick's Service)
>Vaughan Williams, Ralph : Pilgrim's Progress
>     A Song of the Tree of Life
>Vaughan Williams, Ralph : The Call ("Come, my way"), song for baritone, chorus (ad lib.) orchestra (or organ) (Mystical Songs
>Stewart, Robert : Concert-Fantasia for organ in D minor
>Ireland, John [Composer] : Ex ore innocentium, for soprano, alto & piano (or organ)
>Plumstead, Mary : A Grateful Heart
>Rutter, John : A Gaelic Blessing
>Britten, Benjamin : The Salley Gardens, folk song for unison chorus & piano or orchestra
>Traditional, Irish : Molly Malone (Cockles and Mussels)

Album Summary

>Parry, Charles H. : Dear Lord and Father of mankind (Tune
>Parry, Charles H. : Hear My Words, Ye People
>Burgon, Geoffrey : Nunc dimittis, for chorus, trumpet & organ
>Warlock, Peter [Composer] : Bethlehem Down, carol for chorus & organ
>Wesley, Samuel Sebastian : Wherewithal Shall a Young Man
>Britten, Benjamin : Corpus Christi Carol, for voice or unison chorus & organ
>Britten, Benjamin : Ceremony of Carols
>Dexter, John : How Far Is It to Bethlehem?, for chorus & organ
>Handel, George Frideric : Messiah, HWV 56, Oratorio
>Vivaldi, Antonio : Concerto in D major, RV 93
>Dines, Ernest : Jubilate Deo, for chorus & organ (from St. Patrick's Service)
>Vaughan Williams, Ralph : Pilgrim's Progress
>Vaughan Williams, Ralph : The Call ("Come, my way"), song for baritone, chorus (ad lib.) orchestra (or organ) (Mystical Songs
>Stewart, Robert : Concert-Fantasia for organ in D minor
>Ireland, John [Composer] : Ex ore innocentium, for soprano, alto & piano (or organ)
>Plumstead, Mary : A Grateful Heart
>Rutter, John : A Gaelic Blessing
>Britten, Benjamin : The Salley Gardens, folk song for unison chorus & piano or orchestra
>Traditional, Irish : Molly Malone (Cockles and Mussels)
Performers Conductor Ensembles Composers

Notes & Reviews:

Boys' voices have enriched the music of the daily services in Saint Patrick's Cathedral for centuries. The qualities required of a boy who would be a chorister have not varied greatly since the founding of the choir in 1431. The boy choristers are educated at the Cathedral's Choir School, founded in 1432, and the only one of its kind in Ireland.

Notes & Reviews:

Recording information: St Patrick's Cathedral, Dublin, Ireland (03/26/2012-03/28/2012).



Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review
 

Also Purchased

Works Details

>Parry, Charles H. : Dear Lord and Father of mankind (Tune :: Repton), anthem
  • Performer: David Leigh (Organ)
  • Conductor: Stuart Nicholson
  • Ensemble: Choristers of Saint Patrick's Cathedral
  • Notes: St Patrick's Cathedral, Dublin, Ireland (03/26/2012-03/28/2012)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 37 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Christmas
  • Written: 1888

>Parry, Charles H. : Hear My Words, Ye People :: He Delivered the Poor
  • Performer: David Leigh (Organ)
  • Conductor: Stuart Nicholson
  • Notes: St Patrick's Cathedral, Dublin, Ireland (03/26/2012-03/28/2012)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 36 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic

>Burgon, Geoffrey : Nunc dimittis, for chorus, trumpet & organ
  • Performers: Ben Middleton (Voice); Harry Meehan (Organ)
  • Conductor: Stuart Nicholson
  • Notes: St Patrick's Cathedral, Dublin, Ireland (03/26/2012-03/28/2012)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 53 sec.
  • Period Time: Contemporary
  • Written: 1979

>Warlock, Peter [Composer] : Bethlehem Down, carol for chorus & organ
  • Performer: David Leigh (Organ)
  • Conductor: Stuart Nicholson
  • Notes: St Patrick's Cathedral, Dublin, Ireland (03/26/2012-03/28/2012)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 51 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Form: Christmas
  • Written: 1927

>Wesley, Samuel Sebastian : Wherewithal Shall a Young Man :: With My Whole Heart
  • Performer: David Leigh (Organ)
  • Conductor: Stuart Nicholson
  • Notes: St Patrick's Cathedral, Dublin, Ireland (03/26/2012-03/28/2012)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 48 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic

>Britten, Benjamin : Corpus Christi Carol, for voice or unison chorus & organ
  • Performers: Victoria Green (Guitar); David Leigh (Organ)
  • Conductor: Stuart Nicholson
  • Notes: St Patrick's Cathedral, Dublin, Ireland (03/26/2012-03/28/2012)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 5 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Form: Christmas
  • Written: 1961

>Britten, Benjamin : Ceremony of Carols :: There Is No Rose
  • Performers: David Leigh (Organ); Dianne Marshall (Harp)
  • Conductor: Stuart Nicholson
  • Notes: St Patrick's Cathedral, Dublin, Ireland (03/26/2012-03/28/2012)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 48 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Form: Cantata/Oratorio
  • Written: 1942

>Britten, Benjamin : Ceremony of Carols :: Interlude
  • Performers: Dianne Marshall (Harp); David Leigh (Organ)
  • Conductor: Stuart Nicholson
  • Notes: St Patrick's Cathedral, Dublin, Ireland (03/26/2012-03/28/2012)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 4 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Form: Cantata/Oratorio
  • Written: 1942

>Dexter, John : How Far Is It to Bethlehem?, for chorus & organ
  • Performers: David Leigh (Organ); Dianne Marshall (Harp)
  • Conductor: Stuart Nicholson
  • Notes: St Patrick's Cathedral, Dublin, Ireland (03/26/2012-03/28/2012)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 46 sec.
  • Period Time: Contemporary
  • Form: Christmas

>Handel, George Frideric : Messiah, HWV 56, Oratorio :: How Beautiful Are the Feet
  • Performer: David Leigh (Organ)
  • Conductor: Stuart Nicholson
  • Notes: St Patrick's Cathedral, Dublin, Ireland (03/26/2012-03/28/2012)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 36 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Form: Cantata/Oratorio
  • Written: 1741

>Vivaldi, Antonio : Concerto in D major, RV 93 :: Largo
  • Performers: Victoria Green (Guitar); Stuart Nicholson (Organ)
  • Conductor: Stuart Nicholson
  • Notes: St Patrick's Cathedral, Dublin, Ireland (03/26/2012-03/28/2012)
  • Running Time: 6 min. 17 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Form: Concerto
  • Written: 1716

>Dines, Ernest : Jubilate Deo, for chorus & organ (from St. Patrick's Service)
  • Performer: David Leigh (Organ)
  • Conductor: Stuart Nicholson
  • Notes: St Patrick's Cathedral, Dublin, Ireland (03/26/2012-03/28/2012)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 36 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern

>Vaughan Williams, Ralph : Pilgrim's Progress :: A Song of the Tree of Life
  • Performer: David Leigh (Organ)
  • Conductor: Stuart Nicholson
  • Notes: St Patrick's Cathedral, Dublin, Ireland (03/26/2012-03/28/2012)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 25 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Form: Opera/Operetta
  • Written: 1949

>Vaughan Williams, Ralph : The Call ("Come, my way"), song for baritone, chorus (ad lib.) orchestra (or organ) (Mystical Songs
  • Performers: Brad Hennessy (Voice); David Leigh (Organ)
  • Conductor: Stuart Nicholson
  • Notes: St Patrick's Cathedral, Dublin, Ireland (03/26/2012-03/28/2012)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 10 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Form: Vocal
  • Written: 1911

>Stewart, Robert : Concert-Fantasia for organ in D minor
  • Performer: David Leigh (Organ)
  • Conductor: Stuart Nicholson
  • Notes: St Patrick's Cathedral, Dublin, Ireland (03/26/2012-03/28/2012)
  • Running Time: 10 min. 47 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern

>Ireland, John [Composer] : Ex ore innocentium, for soprano, alto & piano (or organ)
  • Performer: David Leigh (Organ)
  • Conductor: Stuart Nicholson
  • Notes: St Patrick's Cathedral, Dublin, Ireland (03/26/2012-03/28/2012)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 47 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Written: 1944

>Plumstead, Mary : A Grateful Heart
  • Performer: David Leigh (Organ)
  • Conductor: Stuart Nicholson
  • Notes: St Patrick's Cathedral, Dublin, Ireland (03/26/2012-03/28/2012)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 31 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern

>Rutter, John : A Gaelic Blessing
  • Performers: David Leigh (Organ); Victoria Green (Guitar)
  • Conductor: Stuart Nicholson
  • Notes: St Patrick's Cathedral, Dublin, Ireland (03/26/2012-03/28/2012)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 56 sec.
  • Period Time: Contemporary
  • Form: Choral
  • Written: 1978

>Britten, Benjamin : The Salley Gardens, folk song for unison chorus & piano or orchestra
  • Performers: Dianne Marshall (Harp); David Leigh (Organ)
  • Conductor: Stuart Nicholson
  • Notes: St Patrick's Cathedral, Dublin, Ireland (03/26/2012-03/28/2012)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 36 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern

>Traditional, Irish : Molly Malone (Cockles and Mussels)
  • Performers: Thomas Maxwell (Voice); David Leigh (Organ); Victoria Green (Guitar); Ben Middleton (Voice)
  • Conductor: Stuart Nicholson
  • Notes: St Patrick's Cathedral, Dublin, Ireland (03/26/2012-03/28/2012)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 49 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance