Notes & Reviews:
- The Maria Magdalena oratorio is based on the Coptic Codex.
- Composer Peeter Vähi is considered one of the most original contemporary composers in Estonia, employing a musical language comprising Oriental and Western, avant-garde and archaic, acoustic and electronic music without falling prey to eclecticism.
- The Latvian National Symphony is lead by conductor Risto Joost.
Recording information: Great Guild Hall, Riga (11/29/2011-12/01/2011).
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Works DetailsPeeter Vähi (1955 - ) : Maria Magdalena, for soloists, chorus & orchestra
- Performers: Ugis Mengelis; Sevara Nazarkhan; Priit Volmer; Eduards Fiskovics; Juris Jekabsons
- Conductor: Risto Joost
- Ensemble: State Choir Latvija
- Notes: Great Guild Hall, Riga (11/29/2011-12/01/2011)
- Running Time: 8 min. 43 sec.
- Period Time: Contemporary
- Form: Cantata/Oratorio