Personnel: Merle Haggard (vocals, guitar, fiddle); Donna Faye (vocals); Norman Hamlet (guitar, dobro); Roy Nichols, Clint Strong (guitar); James Belken (fiddle); Don Markham (saxophone, trumpet); Gary Church (cornet, trombone); Mark Yeary (piano); Biff Adam (drums).
Audio Mixers: Chet Himes; Gary Briggs .
Liner Note Author: Terry Lickona.
Recording information: Austin, TX (10/30/1985).
Director: Gary Menotti.
Editor: Gary Laird.
Photographer: Scott Newton.
While the New West label had previously released an excellent live-at-Austin City Limits Merle Haggard album from the 1980s, this '78 date finds Hag appearing on that legendary program at an even more interesting time in his career. Haggard was perhaps at his jazziest in the '70s, and while there are plenty of pure honky-tonk classics here, the Western swing flavor represented by tunes like "San Antonio Rose" and "Cherokee Maiden" adds another level to the enjoyment of this country hero's work.
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
- Kickin' Out the Footlights...Again (Jones, George)
- Super Hits: Haggard and Twitty (Twitty, Conway)
- Country Outlaws (Coe, David Allan)
- Double Trouble/Taste of Yesterday's Wine (Jones, George)
- Tulare Dust: A Songwriters' Tribute to Merle Hagga (Various Artists)