Notes & Reviews:
This is the world premiere recording of the ballet by Frank Martin, written in 1942.
American Record Guide, November/December 2013
The music overall is incredibly effective and evocative. The orchestra and singers are energetic and the sonics are stunning. If you're going to resurrect a work, this is the way to do it.
Recording information: Studio Ernest Ansermet, Genève (09/06/2010-09/08/2010).
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Works DetailsMartin, Frank : Das Märchen vom Aschenbrödel, ballet for soprano, mezzo-soprano, contralto, tenor & small orchestra
- Performers: David Anfruns; Clemence Tilquin; Alexandra Hewson; Varduhi Khachatrian
- Conductor: Gabor Takacs-Nagy
- Ensemble: Orchestre de la Haute école de musique de Genève
- Notes: Studio Ernest Ansermet, Genève (09/06/2010-09/08/2010)
- Running Time: 2 min. 53 sec.
- Period Time: Modern
- Written: 1941