- André Post (Voice)
- Felipe Rojas (Voice)
- Marjorie Ginezinger (Voice)
- Harry Peeters (Bass)
- Marianna Kulikova (Mezzo Soprano)
- Michele Kalmandi (Voice)
- Gabriella Morigi (Soprano)
- Martin Tzonev (Voice)
Notes & Reviews:
Walter Attanasi conducts a great cast and the Netherlands Ballet Orchestra in a production, which was performed in the Ahoy Arena in Rotterdam. It was a spectacular event and one of the most impressive live opera productions ever performed in the Netherlands. This is the fourth release in the United Classics live opera series.
American Record Guide, January/February 2014
A major reason for this excellence is the wonderful La Scala chorus and orchestra. The chorus shows again and again its ability to produce whatever dynamic effect Mr Barenboim wants, whether delicate pianos or the thundering forte of the Dies Irae. And the orchestra responds to every dynamic and interpretive wish of the conductor. I was particularly impressed by the crystal-clear articulation of the winds accompanying the chorus in the Sanctus. The booklet includes the text and an interesting essay by Andrew Stewart.
Recording information: Stadsgehoorzaal Leiden (08/28/2000-08/30/2000).
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Works DetailsVerdi, Giuseppe : Nabucco
- Performers: André Post (Voice); Felipe Rojas (Voice); Marjorie Ginezinger (Voice); Harry Peeters (Bass); Marianna Kulikova (Mezzo Soprano); Michele Kalmandi (Voice); Gabriella Morigi (Soprano); Martin Tzonev (Voice)
- Conductor: Walter Attanasi
- Ensemble: Netherlands Ballet Orchestra
- Notes: Stadsgehoorzaal Leiden (08/28/2000-08/30/2000)
- Running Time: 103 min. 43 sec.
- Period Time: Romantic
- Form: Opera/Operetta
- Written: 1842