- Capricho for Bassoon and Strings
- Concertino de Verano: I. Allegro moderato $0.99 on iTunes
- Concertino de Verano: II. Moderato ma non troppo $0.99 on iTunes
- Concertino de Verano: III. Allegro $0.99 on iTunes
- Ciranda das Sete Notas
- Concerto for Bassoon and Low Strings: I. Quarter Note = 85
- Concerto for Bassoon and Low Strings: II. Quarter Note = 60 $0.99 on iTunes
- Concerto for Bassoon and Low Strings: III. Eighth Note = 60 $0.99 on iTunes
- Concerto for Bassoon and Low Strings: IV. Half Note = 76 $0.99 on iTunes
- Concerto for Bassoon and Low Strings: V. Half Note = 76 $0.99 on iTunes
Notes & Reviews:
Capricho, part of Channel Classics' ongoing series focusing on the first chair players of the Royal Concertgebouw Orchestra, features Uruguayan bassoonist Gustavo Núñez. Considered one of the finest bassoonists of his generation, Núñez studied at the Musikhochschule Hannover and the Royal College of Music. While still a student in 1987, he was awarded the Prix Suisse at the International Competition in Geneva and the Carl Maria von Weber Prize in Munich. Núñez has held the position of principal bassoonist of the Concertgebouw since 1995. Included here are works for bassoon and string orchestra by Villa-Lobos, Gubaidulina, Dutch composer Kees Olthuis and Uruguayan composer Jaurés Lamarque Pons.
The Guardian, 23rd May 2013
A player of jaw-dropping agility and effortlessly suave tone...N·±ez's performance [of the Gubaidulina], and that of the Concertgebouw cellos and basses, is impressively vivid.
American Record Guide, September/October 2013
Great thought went into selecting the pieces on this program. They display Nunez's virtuosity and character probably better than even some beloved standards, like Mozart's concerto or the Saint-Saens sonata. Listening to Nunez play this music is like drinking a proper tea from fine china while racing through an obstacle course through a rainforest in a finely-appointed and well-engineered German car. Of course, in this metaphor, the tea doesn't spill in your lap. 70 enjoyable minutes go by very quickly.