Notes & Reviews:
The Collegium Vocale Gent, along with the Royal Flemish Philharmonic, strip the Stabat Mater of all Romantic excess. The result is a spiritual journey from the somber opening bars to the final "Amen," underlining the universal grandeur of this major work of sacred music.Notes & Reviews:
Recording information: deSingel, Antwerp (04/21/2012-04/24/2012).
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Works DetailsAntonin Dvorák (1841 - 1904) : Stabat Mater, Op. 58/B 71
- Performers: Michaela Selinger (Mezzo Soprano); Maximilian Schmitt; Florian Boesch (Baritone); Ilse Eerens
- Conductor: Philippe Herreweghe
- Ensemble: Royal Flemish Philharmonic
- Notes: deSingel, Antwerp (04/21/2012-04/24/2012)
- Running Time: 72 min. 45 sec.
- Period Time: Romantic