Notes & Reviews:
Das Lied is considered the most personal of Mahler's works. It represents a synthesis of the two great pillars in Mahler's oeuvre, the symphony and the song. Coote and Fritz are the best-known soloists for this work, and they perform it with top orchestras all over the world.
The Guardian, 23rd May 2013
[Coote's] singing may not be as sumptuous as some, but it is exquisitely coloured; every word matters, and the sadness that pervades the mezzo songs in particular is conveyed without it ever becoming self-conscious or sentimental...well worth hearing, especially for Coote's contribution.
Recording information: Beurs van Berlage, Yakult zaal, Amsterdam (06/21/2012-06/22/2012).
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Works DetailsMahler, Gustav : Das Lied von der Erde
- Performers: Burkhard Fritz (Tenor); Alice Coote (Mezzo-soprano)
- Conductor: Marc Albrecht
- Ensemble: Netherlands Philharmonic Orchestra
- Notes: Beurs van Berlage, Yakult zaal, Amsterdam (06/21/2012-06/22/2012)
- Running Time: 62 min. 19 sec.
- Period Time: Post Romantic
- Form: Vocal
- Written: 1908-1909