- Bruckner — Symphony No. 2 in C Minor, WAB 102: I. Moderato (1877 version, ed. W. Carragan)
- Bruckner — Symphony No. 2 in C Minor, WAB 102: II. Andante. Feierlich, etwas bewegt (1877 version, ed. W. Carragan)
- Bruckner — Symphony No. 2 in C Minor, WAB 102: III. Scherzo. Massig schnell (1877 version, ed. W. Carragan) $0.99 on iTunes
- Bruckner — Symphony No. 2 in C Minor, WAB 102: IV. Finale. Mehr schnell (1877 version, ed. W. Carragan)
Notes & Reviews:
PentaTone's Bruckner Symphonies cycle with the Orchestre de la Suisse Romande and Marek Janowski has set the standard for the repertoire in recent years. With this Symphony No. 2 release the great conductor demonstrates that there is "more than a touch of the great Eugen Jochum in [his] approach" (Gramophone).
BBC Music Magazine, November 2013
This is a very persuasive Bruckner Symphony No. 2: well paced, warm toned without heaviness, Romantically atmospheric and with stranger inspirations subtly highlighted. The recording suits Janowski's approach admirably.
MusicWeb International, 6th November 2013
The sound offered by the Pentatone engineers is terrific, just what Bruckner needs in its sense of space and cleanliness...Janowski's Bruckner seems to come from the opposite pole to, say, Wand's large-scale unfoldings. So it is that one delights time and time again in the moment...without that sense of inevitability so necessary to truly successful Bruckner performance.
Recording information: Victoria Hall, Geneva, Switzerland (10/2012).
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Anton Bruckner: Symphony No. 1 in C minor / Marek Janowski
Rachmaninov: Complete Piano Concertos; Paganini Rhapsody / Valentina Lisitsa, piano
Mahler: Das klagende Lied; Blumine; Symphony No. 10 / Manuela Uhl, soprano; Lioba Braun, alto; Werner Gura, tenor. Blunier
Schumann: Overtures 'Genoveva' and 'Manfred'; Symphony No. 2 / Orchestra Mozart, Abbado
Berlioz: Les Nuits d'ete; La mort de Cleopatre / Karen Cargill, mezzo-soparno; Robin Ticciati
The Trio Sonata in 18th-Century Germany - works by Goldberg, Fasch, J.C.F. Bach; Graun, Telemann, C.P.E. Bach / London Baroque
Grieg: Three Concertos for Violin and Chamber Orchestra (after the violin sonatas) / Henning Kraggerud, violin; Tromso Chamber Orchestra
Mahler: Symphony No. 1 / Vladimir Jurowski, London PO
Bruckner: Symphony No. 0 / Simone Young, Hamburg Philharmonic
Works DetailsBruckner, Anton : Symphony no 2 in C minor, WAB 102
- Conductor: Marek Janowski
- Ensemble: Orchestre de la Suisse Romande
- Notes: Composition written: 1871-76.
- Running Time: 54 min. 8 sec.
- Period Time: Romantic
- Form: Orchestral
- Written: 1871-1876