- Bruckner — Symphony No. 0 in D Minor, WAB 100, "Nullte": I. Allegro (ed. L. Nowak)
- Bruckner — Symphony No. 0 in D Minor, WAB 100, "Nullte": II. Andante (ed. L. Nowak)
- Bruckner — Symphony No. 0 in D Minor, WAB 100, "Nullte": III. Scherzo. Presto - Trio. Langsamer und ruhiger (ed. L. Nowak) $0.99 on iTunes
- Bruckner — Symphony No. 0 in D Minor, WAB 100, "Nullte": IV. Finale. Moderato (ed. L. Nowak)
Notes & Reviews:
Bruckner's Symphony No. 0 was composed in 1869. He had a critical attitude towards it later on, almost disowning it - probably due to negative criticisms. It's frequently claimed to have an unfinished appearance. This is unjustified, for one should not underestimate the importance of this work for the later development of Bruckner as a symphonist.
American Record Guide, November/December 2013
Finally we have the ideal recording of this symphony! Every movement is slower than every other recording. Everything is given full weight. The orchestra and sound are simply glorious.
Recording information: Laeiszhalle Hamburg (05/20/2012/05/21/2012).
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Atterberg: Symphony No. 4 'Sinfonia piccola'; Suite No. 3; Symphony No. 6 'Dollar Symphony'; En varmlandsrapsodi / Jarvi
Ferdinand Ries: Piano Sonatas & Sonatinas, Vol. 6 - Works for Piano Duet / Susan Kagan, Vassily Primakov, pianos
Howells: Music for Strings - Concerto, Elegy, Suite, Serenade
Walter Braunfels: Concerto for Organ, Boys Choir & Orchestra / Iveta Apkalna; Hansjoerg Albrecht; Boys Choir Toelz
My Polish Diary - music of Chopin, Zarebski, Szymanowski, Paderewski, Lutoslawski / Kiryl Keduk, piano
I Will Meditate - Chant, plus hymns & psalms by Peter Hallock and Richard Proulx / Compline Choir
Camillo Togni (1922-1993): Complete Piano Music, Vol. 1 / Aldo Orvieto, piano
Anton Rubinstein: Symphony No. 5; Dmitry Donskoy, overture; Faust, Op. 68 / George Enescu PO
Salvador Brotons (b.1959): Symphony No. 5 "Mundus Noster"; Oboe Concerto; Four Pieces for String Orchestra
Works DetailsBruckner, Anton : Symphony no 0 in D minor, WAB 100 "Die Nullte"
- Conductor: Simone Young
- Ensemble: Hamburger Philharmoniker
- Notes: Laeiszhalle Hamburg (05/20/2012/05/21/2012)
- Running Time: 48 min. 57 sec.
- Period Time: Romantic
- Form: Orchestral
- Written: circa 1863
- Studio/Live: Live