- Rossini — Le siege de Corinthe: Ouverture $0.99 on iTunes
- Rossini — Le siege de Corinthe, Act I: Introduction. Ta noble voix seigneur (Chorus, Cleomene, Neocles) - Recitatif: Vaillants guerriers [Cleomene, Hieros, Neoc
- Rossini — Le siege de Corinthe, Act I: Marche et Choeur. La flamme rapide (Chorus) $0.99 on iTunes
- Rossini — Le siege de Corinthe, Act II: Recitatif et Air. Que vais-je devenir? - Du sejour de la lumiere (Pamyra, Chorus) $0.99 on iTunes
- Rossini — Le siege de Corinthe, Act II: Duo et Choeur. Rassure-toi - Que vois-je (Mahomet, Pamyra, Omar, Chorus) - Recitatif: Triomphe Pamyra [Mahomet]
- Rossini — Le siege de Corinthe, Act II: Air de danse I $0.99 on iTunes
- Rossini — Le siege de Corinthe, Act II: Air de danse II $0.99 on iTunes
- Rossini — Le siege de Corinthe, Act II: Hymne. Divin prophete (Chorus) - Recitatif: Quel bruit se fait entendre? [Mahomet, Pamyra, Neocles, Omar, Chorus] $0.99 on iTunes
- Rossini — Le siege de Corinthe, Act II: Finale. Il est son frere (Mahomet, Pamyra, Neocles, Omar, Chorus)
- Rossini — Le siege de Corinthe, Act III: Recitatif et Priere. Avancons - O toi que je revere (Neocles, Adraste, Chorus) $0.99 on iTunes
- Rossini — Le siege de Corinthe, Act III: Scene et Trio. Cher Cleomene - Celeste providence (Neocles, Cleomene, Pamyra) $0.99 on iTunes
- Rossini — Le siege de Corinthe, Act III: Recitatif, Scene et Choeur. Je viens de parcourir (Hieros, Cleomene, Hieros, Chorus, Pamyra, Ismene, Neocles)
- Rossini — Le siege de Corinthe, Act III: Finale. Mais quels accents se font entendre… (Pamyra, Chorus, Mahomet) $0.99 on iTunes
Notes & Reviews:
Rossini adapted his own Italian opera of 1820, Maometto, for the Parisian stage under the title of Le Siège de Corinthe. As Rossini's original work had already absorbed distinctive French characteristics such as heroic arias, and characterization through orchestral color, the newly composed music for the reworking makes for a powerful and compelling operatic tour de force. With its historical subject matter and tragic ending, Le Siège de Corinthe anticipates the advent of grand opera.
BBC Music Magazine, September 2013
[The] orchestra delivers plenty of energy and attack from the martial overture onwards...Cullagh's Pamyra meets all the coloratura challenges with assurance and is firm and expressive throughout...Spyres cuts a dash as Neocles.
International Record Review, June 2013
Fresh and lithe playing is well recorded. Tingaud seems to have a feel for Rossini's music. At hand is a very good cast...[Cullagh's] lustrous timbre is suited to the ornate sections of Pamyra's role and to the more restrained delivery of the prayer 'Juste ciel!'...I received a great deal of pleasure from this set, right from the Overture.
MusicWeb International, 25th July 2013
Spyres is up to the demands of the role...singing with vocal flexibility and appealing tone...[Cullagh's] strong characterisation allied to vocal flexibility is well in evidence...Jean-Luc Tingaud is fully at home in the idiom.
American Record Guide, November/December 2013
Best of all is American tenor Michael Spyres as Neocles. Here is another Rossini tenor in this age, which seems to produce a new one of the species every year. He has a lovely voice with beautiful high notes, a phenomenal range, and clear, precise coloratura. The rest of the cast is adequate. Marc Sala, the Cleomene, sings well despite a somewhat pinched sound.
Recording information: Trinkhalle, Bad Wildbad, Germany (2010-07-18&2010-07-20&2010-).
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Into the Night: Contemporary Choral Music by Whitacre, Paulus; Childs; Part Tavener; Lauridsen; Ticheli / Vox Humana
Gershwin: Rhapsody in Blue; Promenade; Catfish Row / Orion Weiss, piano; John Fullam, clarinet
Rossini: Semiramide / Lorenzo Regazzo, John Osborn, Maria Jokovic, Alex Penda; Andrea Mastroni.
Bob Chilcott: Everyone Sang; A Little Jazz Mass; I Share Creation; Aesop's Fables / Gemma Beeson, piano;
Dmitry Bortniansky (1751-1825) " I Cried Out to the Lord" - Hymns and Choral Concertos / Ensemble Cherubim
Antonio, Juan and Hernando de Cabezon: Glosas / Glen Wilson, harpsichord
Reger: Organ Works Vol. 13 - Monologues Nos. 7-12; Sonata No. 1; Fantasia and Fugue / Christian Berthen, organ
Rossini: Complete Piano Music Vol. 5 - Sins of Old Age / Alessandro Marangoni, piano
Fanny Mendelssohn: Songs, Vol. 2 / Dorothea Craxton, soprano; Babette Dorn, piano
Works DetailsRossini, Gioachino : Le siège de Corinthe (The Siege of Corinth), opera
- Conductor: Jean-Luc Tingaud
- Ensemble: Virtuosi Brunensis
- Notes: Trinkhalle, Bad Wildbad, Germany (2010-07-18&2010-07-20&2010-)
- Running Time: 124 min. 56 sec.
- Period Time: Romantic
- Form: Opera/Operetta
- Written: 1826