Notes & Reviews:
In 2011, Andreas Tarkmann composed Dido's Secret for the Mädchenchor Hannover, one of the most widely-renowned youth choirs in Germany. The work's libretto mirrors the dramaturgic threads of Purcell's Dido and Aeneas, in which notions of communal spirit, peer pressure, and mobbing play a central role.Notes & Reviews:
Recording information: Groáer Sendesaal des NDR, Hannover (05/29/2012-05/31/2012).
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Works DetailsTarkmann, Andreas N. : Didos Gheimnis, opera
- Performers: Nicholas Rimmer (Piano); Ellen Wegner (Harp); Andrea Schnaus-Jantzen (Piano)
- Conductor: Gudrun Schrofel-Gatzmann
- Ensemble: Madchenchor Hannover
- Notes: Groáer Sendesaal des NDR, Hannover (05/29/2012-05/31/2012)
- Running Time: 81 min. 7 sec.
- Period Time: Contemporary
- Form: Opera/Operetta