- Getty — Usher House: Act I: Prologue: During the whole of a dull, dark and soundless day (Poe) $0.99 on iTunes
- Getty — Usher House: Act I Scene 1: Can it be five years my friend? (Roderick, Poe)
- Getty — Usher House: Act I Scene 1: Where is my lady, o where is she gone? (Poe) $0.99 on iTunes
- Getty — Usher House: Act I Scene 1: She was my model in writing (Poe, Roderick, Primus, Attendant) $0.99 on iTunes
- Getty — Usher House: Act I Scene 2: Lady Heliane Usher (Attendant, Roderick, Poe) $0.99 on iTunes
- Getty — Usher House: Act I Scene 3: And now it is time to bid our silent farewells (Roderick, Primus, Poe) $0.99 on iTunes
- Getty — Usher House: Act I Scene 4: We are particularly honored to receive our guest (Primus, Poe) $0.99 on iTunes
- Getty — Usher House: Act I Scene 5: Roderick, I must speak (Poe, Roderick, Madeline)
Notes & Reviews:
Gordon Getty has based his opera on Edgar Allan Poe's macabre work "The Fall of the House of Usher," the novel widely considered Poe's most famous work of prose and a masterpiece of American Gothic literature. Getty's music, while accessible, reflects these Gothic themes twofold in his unsettling, tense score. This is a world premiere recording.
American Record Guide, November/December 2013
The performance, recorded in Lisbon, is quite good. German tenor Elsner sings excellent English and takes advantage of the few opportunities to let his voice ring out. Dupuis's high baritone is a pleasure to hear, and his words are always clear. Ens's mellow bass is just right for the sinister doctor. Pentatone's sound is excellent. A libretto is supplied.
Recording information: Grande Auditório of the Calouste Gulbenkian Foundation (09/2011).
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Festive Frolic - Roderick Elms
American Classics - Leland Smith: Chamber Music / Darling, Grossman
American Classics - Gerber: Gershwiniana, Notturno, Piano Trio / Bue
Lampel: Chamber Music / Parissi Quartet, et al
Phenomenon - The Music of David Garner / Mentzer, Araiza, Delan, Pankonin, et al
Handel: Organ Concertos, Op. 7
Enescu: Romanian Rhapsodies 1 & 2; Poeme Roumain; Symphonie concertante; 3 Suites for Orchestra
Crowning Glory: Zappa Symphony
Beethoven: Symphony No. 9 / Christiane Oelze, Ingeborg Danz, Christoph Strehl; David Wilson-Johnson - Philippe Herreweghe
Works DetailsGetty, Gordon : Usher House, opera
- Performer: Christian Elsner
- Conductor: Lawrence Foster
- Ensemble: Orquestra Gulbenkian
- Running Time: 1 min. 23 sec.
- Period Time: Contemporary
- Form: Opera/Operetta