- Camilla Nylund (Soprano)
- María Espada (Soprano)
- Tommi Hakala (Baritone)
- Christine Brewer (Soprano)
- Stefan Kocán
- Stephanie Blythe (Mezzo Soprano)
- Robert Smith (Tenor)
Notes & Reviews:
"Try to imagine the whole universe beginning to ring and resound. There are no more human voices, only planets and suns revolving in their orbits," wrote Gustav Mahler to his friend Willem Mengelberg, after completing the sketches for his Symphony No.8. The legendary relationship between Mahler, the Royal Concertgebouw Orchestra and Mengelberg has established a firm tradition of playing Mahler in Amsterdam. Mariss Jansons' brilliant interpretation of the Symphony of a Thousand is yet another jewel in the crown of the Concertgebouw's acclaimed Mahler cycle. Featuring a starstudded cast and excellent choral forces, this superb surround-sound recording is offered two ways - accompanied by a bonus video of the performance in either DVD or a Blu-ray format.Notes & Reviews:
Recording information: Concertgebouw Amsterdam (03/04/2011/03/06/2011).
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Works DetailsMahler, Gustav : Symphony no 8 in E flat major
- Performers: Camilla Nylund (Soprano); María Espada (Soprano); Tommi Hakala (Baritone); Christine Brewer (Soprano); Stefan Kocán; Stephanie Blythe (Mezzo Soprano); Robert Smith (Tenor)
- Conductor: Celso Antunes
- Ensemble: Royal Concertgebouw Orchestra
- Notes: Concertgebouw Amsterdam (03/04/2011/03/06/2011)
- Running Time: 1 min. 26 sec.
- Period Time: Post Romantic
- Form: Orchestral
- Written: 1906-1907
- Studio/Live: Live