Bach: The Complete Keyboard Works, Vol. 6 / Joao Carlos Martins, piano

Album Summary

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Minuet in D minor, BWV Suppl. 114
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Anna Magdalena Bach Notebook (2), of sacred songs & keyboard pieces (30)
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Minuet for keyboard no 5 in G minor (AMN II/5; by Christian Pezold, not JSB), BWV Anh. 115
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : So oft ich meine Tobackspfeife (II), aria for voice & continuo), BWV 515b
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Minuet fait par Mons. Bohm, for keyboard no 1 in G major (WFN 11, AMN I/11), BWV 841 (BC L176/1)
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Polonaise for keyboard in G minor (AMN II/10, doubtful; perhaps by C.P.E. Bach), BWV Anh. 119
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Schaffs mit mir, Gott, nach deinem Willen, chorale setting for 4 voices, BWV 514 (BC F216)
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Minuet in G major, BWV Anhung 116
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Musette in D major, BWV Anhung 126
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Minuet for keyboard no 36 in D minor (AMN II/36; doubtful), BWV Anh. 132
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Minuet for keyboard no 3 in F major (AMN II/3; doubtful), BWV Anh. 113
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : March in G major, BWV Anhung 124
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Minuet for keyboard no 9 in B flat major (AMN II/9; doubtful), BWV Anh. 118
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Minuet in C minor, BWV Anhung 121
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : March for keyboard in E flat major (Anna Magdalena Clavier-Buchlein no 2/23; doubtful), BWV Anh. 12
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Polonaise for keyboard in G major (AMN II/28, by Johann Adolf Hasse, not JSB), BWV Anh. 130
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Minuet for keyboard no 14 in A minor (AMN II/14; doubtful), BWV Anh. 120
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Polonaise for keyboard in D minor (AMN II/24, doubtful), BWV Anh. 128
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Polonaise in G minor, BWV Anhung 125
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Polonaise for keyboard in F major (AMN II/8ab, doubtful), BWV Anh. 117ab
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Prelude in C major, BWV 924
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Prelude for keyboard in C major (Five Preludes no 1), BWV 939 (BC L70)
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Prelude for Lute in C minor, BWV 999
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Prelude for keyboard in D major (WFN 27; disputed, perhaps by W.F. Bach), BWV 925
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Prelude for keyboard in D minor (WFN 4), BWV 926 (BC L58)
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Prelude for keyboard in D minor (Five Preludes no 2), BWV 940 (BC L71)
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Prelude for keyboard in E minor (Five Preludes no 3), BWV 941 (BC L72)
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Prelude in F major, BWV 927
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Prelude for keyboard in F major (WFN 10), BWV 928 (BC L60)
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Trio, for keyboard in G minor (WFN 48), BWV 929 (BC L61)
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Prelude in G minor, BWV 930
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Prelude in A minor, BWV 942
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Six Little Preludes, for keyboard, BWV 933-938 (BC L64-69)
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Italian Concerto in F major, BWV 971
Performer Composer

Notes & Reviews:

João Carlos Martins demonstrates in this reissue - the sixth album in his monumental and legendary Labor Records set of The Complete Keyboard Works of J.S. Bach - that Bach remains Bach even in his simplest and always ingenious creations. Martins gives a spectacular performance of one of Bach's most sunny and southern works, his Italian Concerto for solo keyboard.

Notes & Reviews:

Recording information: Pomona College, Claremont, California (1982/1984).



Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review

Works Details

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Minuet in D minor, BWV Suppl. 114
  • Performer: Joao Martins (Piano)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 32 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1725

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Anna Magdalena Bach Notebook (2), of sacred songs & keyboard pieces (30)
  • Performer: Joao Martins (Piano)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 13 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Form: March
  • Written: 1725

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Minuet for keyboard no 5 in G minor (AMN II/5; by Christian Pezold, not JSB), BWV Anh. 115
  • Performer: Joao Martins (Piano)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 31 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1725

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : So oft ich meine Tobackspfeife (II), aria for voice & continuo), BWV 515b
  • Performer: Joao Martins (Piano)
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1725

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Minuet fait par Mons. Böhm, for keyboard no 1 in G major (WFN 11, AMN I/11), BWV 841 (BC L176/1)
  • Performer: Joao Martins (Piano)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 18 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1720

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Polonaise for keyboard in G minor (AMN II/10, doubtful; perhaps by C.P.E. Bach), BWV Anh. 119
  • Performer: Joao Martins (Piano)
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1725

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Schaffs mit mir, Gott, nach deinem Willen, chorale setting for 4 voices, BWV 514 (BC F216)
  • Performer: Joao Martins (Piano)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 31 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: by 1751

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Minuet in G major, BWV Anhung 116
  • Performer: Joao Martins (Piano)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 43 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1725

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Musette in D major, BWV Anhung 126
  • Performer: Joao Martins (Piano)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 15 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1725

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Minuet for keyboard no 36 in D minor (AMN II/36; doubtful), BWV Anh. 132
  • Performer: Joao Martins (Piano)
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1725

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Minuet for keyboard no 3 in F major (AMN II/3; doubtful), BWV Anh. 113
  • Performer: Joao Martins (Piano)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 25 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1725

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : March in G major, BWV Anhung 124
  • Performer: Joao Martins (Piano)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 20 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Form: March
  • Written: 1725

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Minuet for keyboard no 9 in B flat major (AMN II/9; doubtful), BWV Anh. 118
  • Performer: Joao Martins (Piano)
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1725

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Minuet in C minor, BWV Anhung 121
  • Performer: Joao Martins (Piano)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 15 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1725

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : March for keyboard in E flat major (Anna Magdalena Clavier-Büchlein no 2/23; doubtful), BWV Anh. 12
  • Performer: Joao Martins (Piano)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 6 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Form: March
  • Written: 1725

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Polonaise for keyboard in G major (AMN II/28, by Johann Adolf Hasse, not JSB), BWV Anh. 130
  • Performer: Joao Martins (Piano)
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1725

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Minuet for keyboard no 14 in A minor (AMN II/14; doubtful), BWV Anh. 120
  • Performer: Joao Martins (Piano)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 17 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1725

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Polonaise for keyboard in D minor (AMN II/24, doubtful), BWV Anh. 128
  • Performer: Joao Martins (Piano)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 6 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1725

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Polonaise in G minor, BWV Anhung 125
  • Performer: Joao Martins (Piano)
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1725

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Polonaise for keyboard in F major (AMN II/8ab, doubtful), BWV Anh. 117ab
  • Performer: Joao Martins (Piano)
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1725

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Prelude in C major, BWV 924
  • Performer: Joao Martins (Piano)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 11 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1720

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Prelude for keyboard in C major (Five Preludes no 1), BWV 939 (BC L70)
  • Performer: Joao Martins (Piano)
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1717

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Prelude for Lute in C minor, BWV 999
  • Performer: Joao Martins (Piano)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 4 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1720

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Prelude for keyboard in D major (WFN 27; disputed, perhaps by W.F. Bach), BWV 925
  • Performer: Joao Martins (Piano)
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1720

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Prelude for keyboard in D minor (WFN 4), BWV 926 (BC L58)
  • Performer: Joao Martins (Piano)
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1720

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Prelude for keyboard in D minor (Five Preludes no 2), BWV 940 (BC L71)
  • Performer: Joao Martins (Piano)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 3 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1717

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Prelude for keyboard in E minor (Five Preludes no 3), BWV 941 (BC L72)
  • Performer: Joao Martins (Piano)
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1717

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Prelude in F major, BWV 927
  • Performer: Joao Martins (Piano)
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1720

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Prelude for keyboard in F major (WFN 10), BWV 928 (BC L60)
  • Performer: Joao Martins (Piano)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 5 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1720

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Trio, for keyboard in G minor (WFN 48), BWV 929 (BC L61)
  • Performer: Joao Martins (Piano)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 6 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1720

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Prelude in G minor, BWV 930
  • Performer: Joao Martins (Piano)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 28 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1720

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Prelude in A minor, BWV 942
  • Performer: Joao Martins (Piano)
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: by 1726

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Six Little Preludes, for keyboard, BWV 933-938 (BC L64-69)
  • Performer: Joao Martins (Piano)
  • Running Time: 8 min. 33 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: by 1751

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Italian Concerto in F major, BWV 971
  • Performer: Joao Martins (Piano)
  • Notes: Composition written: 1735.
  • Running Time: 12 min. 25 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Form: Concerto
  • Written: 1735