1 800 222 6872

La Voce del Violoncello - works by Colombi, Dall'Abacp, Supriani, Galli, Ruvo, Vitali, Gabrielli / Elinor Frey, baroque cello

Album Summary

>Colombi, Giuseppe : Tromba a Basso solo, for violone & continuo
>Dall, Joseph-Marie-Clément : Caprice for cello no 6 in E minor
>Dall, Joseph-Marie-Clément : Caprice for cello no 1 in C minor
>Anonymous : Sonata for cello in A minor (Como manuscript)
>Supriani, Francesco P. : Toccata no 5, for cello
>Supriani, Francesco P. : Toccata no 5, version for cello & continuo
>Dall, Joseph-Marie-Clément : Caprice for cello no 10 in A major
>Galli, Domenico : Sonata for cello no 5
>Galli, Domenico : Sonata for cello, no 1
>Vitali, Giovanni Battista : Partite sopra diverse sonate per il violone
>Ruvo, Giulio [Composer] : Romanella for cello no 2
>Ruvo, Giulio [Composer] : Tarantella for cello no 2
>Ruvo, Giulio [Composer] : Romanella for cello no 1
>Ruvo, Giulio [Composer] : Tarantella for cello no 1
>Dall, Joseph-Marie-Clément : Caprice for cello no 5 in B major
>Vitali, Giovanni Battista : Bergamasca per la lettera B, for violin & basso continuo (from "Partite sopra diverse Sonate")
>Vitali, Giovanni Battista : Capritio sopra otto figure (form Partite sopra diverse sonate)
>Dall, Joseph-Marie-Clément : Caprice for cello no 4 in D minor
>Colombi, Giuseppe : Chiacona a Basso Solo del Colombi, for bass viol
>Gabrielli, Domenico : Ricercar for cello solo no 1 in G minor
>Gabrielli, Domenico : Ricercar for cello solo no 6 in G major
>Supriani, Francesco P. : Toccata no 10, for cello
>Supriani, Francesco P. : Toccata no 10, version for cello & continuo
Performer Composers

Notes & Reviews:

American Record Guide, November/December 2013
"Solo Works of the First Italian Cellist-Composers" is the subtitle of this disc containing a variety of pieces mostly from the late 1600s. Most of the material is for solo cello. Frey writes the liner notes, giving us a good picture of how the cello came into existence and why she chose these pieces to play. Frey is a fine cellist. She and her colleagues perform on early instruments in a relaxed and expressive way. The recorded sound is good.

Notes & Reviews:

Recording information: Pollack Hall, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Cana (2012).



Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review
 

Also Purchased

Works Details

>Colombi, Giuseppe : Tromba a Basso solo, for violone & continuo
  • Performer: Esteban Rotta (Theorbo)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 50 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Dall, Joseph-Marie-Clément : Caprice for cello no 6 in E minor
  • Running Time: 2 min. 32 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Dall, Joseph-Marie-Clément : Caprice for cello no 1 in C minor
  • Running Time: 4 min. 19 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Anonymous : Sonata for cello in A minor (Como manuscript)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 40 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Supriani, Francesco P. : Toccata no 5, for cello
  • Running Time: 2 min. 20 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Supriani, Francesco P. : Toccata no 5, version for cello & continuo
  • Performer: Esteban Rotta (Theorbo)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 29 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Dall, Joseph-Marie-Clément : Caprice for cello no 10 in A major
  • Running Time: 2 min. 36 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Galli, Domenico : Sonata for cello no 5
  • Running Time: 4 min. 38 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical

>Galli, Domenico : Sonata for cello, no 1
  • Running Time: 3 min. 32 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical

>Vitali, Giovanni Battista : Partite sopra diverse sonate per il violone
  • Running Time: 2 min. 15 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Ruvo, Giulio [Composer] : Romanella for cello no 2
  • Running Time: 2 min. sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Ruvo, Giulio [Composer] : Tarantella for cello no 2
  • Running Time: 1 min. 20 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Ruvo, Giulio [Composer] : Romanella for cello no 1
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Ruvo, Giulio [Composer] : Tarantella for cello no 1
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Dall, Joseph-Marie-Clément : Caprice for cello no 5 in B major
  • Running Time: 2 min. 55 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Vitali, Giovanni Battista : Bergamasca per la lettera B, for violin & basso continuo (from "Partite sopra diverse Sonate")
  • Running Time: 1 min. 43 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Vitali, Giovanni Battista : Capritio sopra otto figure (form Partite sopra diverse sonate)
  • Performer: Esteban Rotta (Theorbo)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 12 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Dall, Joseph-Marie-Clément : Caprice for cello no 4 in D minor
  • Running Time: 3 min. 7 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Colombi, Giuseppe : Chiacona a Basso Solo del Colombi, for bass viol
  • Running Time: 2 min. 18 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Gabrielli, Domenico : Ricercar for cello solo no 1 in G minor
  • Running Time: 1 min. 36 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Gabrielli, Domenico : Ricercar for cello solo no 6 in G major
  • Running Time: 4 min. 22 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Supriani, Francesco P. : Toccata no 10, for cello
  • Running Time: 1 min. 34 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Supriani, Francesco P. : Toccata no 10, version for cello & continuo
  • Performer: Esteban Rotta (Theorbo)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 39 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque