- Bruckner — Symphony Nr. 8 in C Minor, Original Version from 1887, WAB 108: I. Allegro moderato
- Bruckner — Symphony Nr. 8 in C Minor, Original Version from 1887, WAB 108: II. Scherzo. Allegro moderato - Trio. Allegro moderato
- Bruckner — Symphony Nr. 8 in C Minor, Original Version from 1887, WAB 108: III. Adagio. Feierlich langsam, doch nicht schleppend
- Bruckner — Symphony Nr. 8 in C Minor, Original Version from 1887, WAB 108: IV. Finale. Feierlich, nicht schnell
Notes & Reviews:
Conductor Kent Nagano leads the Bavarian State Orchestra in the original 1887 version of Bruckner's Eighth Symphony. This version, which is extremely technically demanding and very difficult to play as an ensemble, differs strikingly from the twenty-minute-shorter second version that is usually performed, being much more abrupt in its musical expression, and with a completely different overall import that is far ahead of its time.
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Schumann: Complete Organ Music / Roberto Marini, organ
Anton Rubinstein: The Demon / Soloists of the All-Union Radio, Boris Khaikin
'L'Heure Rose' / Helene Guilmette, soprano; Martin Dubé, piano
Mozart: Requiem (David Black's 2013 edition of Süssmayr's completion) / Joann Lunn; Rowan Hellier; Thomas Hobbs; Matthew Brook. John Butt
Bruckner: Symphony No. 2, chamber arrangement by Anthony Payne; J.Strauss II: Wein Weib und Gesang, arr. Berg / Trevor Pinnock
Works DetailsBruckner, Anton : Symphony no 8 in C minor, WAB 108
- Conductor: Kent Nagano
- Ensemble: Bavarian State Orchestra
- Notes: Composition written: 1884-90.
- Running Time: 98 min. 45 sec.
- Period Time: Romantic
- Form: Orchestral
- Written: 1884-1890