- Mahler — Symphony No. 2 in C Minor, "Resurrection": I. Allegro maestoso
- Mahler — Symphony No. 2 in C Minor, "Resurrection": II. Andante moderato
- Mahler — Symphony No. 2 in C Minor, "Resurrection": III. In ruhig fliessender Bewegung
- Mahler — Symphony No. 2 in C Minor, "Resurrection": IV. Urlicht $0.99 on iTunes
- Mahler — Symphony No. 2 in C Minor, "Resurrection": V. Im Tempo des Scherzos
Notes & Reviews:
Benjamin Zander and Linn launch their new partnership with Mahler's hugely popular Symphony No. 2 Resurrection. Exceptionally challenging and thrillingly powerful, it is the perfect showcase for Zander's distinctive balance of insightful musicianship and emotional intensity. With London's famed Philharmonia Orchestra, he is recording the complete cycle of Mahler symphonies, recordings that have received extraordinary critical acclaim and several awards.
American Record Guide, March/April 2014
Having been extremely impressed by Zander's previous Mahler interpretations, I approached this one with high hopes. His interpretation is excellent both in detail and in sum. The playing of the Philharmonia recalls "with advantages" their legendary days under Klemperer. Their sensitive handling of II is exemplary, and the power they bring to the finale is awe-inspiring. Connolly and Persson sing accurately and with strong expression. Connolly's diction is especially clear. Every important detail of a huge, complex score registers.
Recording information: Watford Colosseum, London, England (01/06/2012-01/08/2012).
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Bruckner: Symphony No. 8 / Konzerthausorchester Berlin, Venzago
Mozart: Piano Concertos No. 20 in D minor & No. 27 in B flat major / Ronald Brautigam, fortepiano
Morton Gould: An American Salute / Morton Gould, US Marine Band
Choral Music of Jeremy Filsell (b.1964) and David Briggs (b.1962) / Vasari Singers
Celibidache: The Berlin Recordings, 1945-1957 - Barber, Beethoven, Berlioz, Brahms, Glazunov, Dvorak
Romantic Sonatas - Works by Rachmaninov, Grieg & Liszt / Boris Giltburg, piano
American Piano Concertos - Works by Gershwin, Copland & Barber / Xiayin Wang, piano
Elgar: Enigma Variations; Vaughan Williams: The Wasps; Greensleeves / Kansas City SO
Vaughan Williams: Ten Blake Songs; On Wenlock Edge; Dove: The End; Warlock: The Curlew / Mark Padmore, tenor
Works DetailsMahler, Gustav : Symphony no 2 in C minor "Resurrection"
- Conductor: Benjamin Zander
- Ensemble: Philharmonia Chorus
- Notes: Watford Colosseum, London, England (01/06/2012-01/08/2012)
- Running Time: 89 min. 40 sec.
- Period Time: Post Romantic
- Form: Orchestral
- Written: 1888-1894