Bach: Great Organ Works / Martin Souter, organ

> Toccata and Fugue in D Minor, BWV 565 - Toccata
> Toccata and Fugue in D Minor, BWV 565 - Fugue
> Toccata, adagio and fugue in C Major, BWV 564 - Toccata
> Toccata, adagio and fugue in C Major, BWV 564 - Adagio
> Toccata, adagio and fugue in C Major, BWV 564 - Fugue
> Fantasia and Fugue in G Minor, BWV 542 - Fantasia
> Fantasia and Fugue in G Minor, BWV 542 - Fugue
> Prelude and Fugue in C Major, BWV 547 - Prelude
> Prelude and Fugue in C Major, BWV 547 - Fugue
> Prelude and Fugue in A Major, BWV 536 - Prelude
> Prelude and Fugue in A Major, BWV 536 - Fugue
> Passacaglia and Fugue in C Minor, BWV 582 - Passacaglia and Fugue in C Minor, BWV 582

Album Summary

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Toccata and Fugue for Organ in D minor, BWV 565
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Toccata, Adagio and Fugue in C major, BWV 564
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Fantasia and Fugue for Organ in G minor, BWV 542 "Great G minor"
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Prelude and Fugue for Organ in C major, BWV 547
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Prelude and Fugue for Organ in A major, BWV 536
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Passacaglia and Fugue in C minor, BWV 582
Performer Composer

Notes & Reviews:

Johann Sebastian Bach, possibly the greatest composer to ever live, composed a huge amount of organ music, much of which has remained some of the best-known pieces of all time. Most of the music was written when Bach was a young man and it retains a dynamism and joy that has never been equaled. This recording includes a selection of toccatas, fantasias, preludes and fugues played on a stunning original instrument from 1732.

Notes & Reviews:

Recording information: Maassluis, Holland.



Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review

Works Details

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Toccata and Fugue for Organ in D minor, BWV 565
  • Performer: Martin Souter (Organ)
  • Running Time: 9 min. 18 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: by 1708

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Toccata, Adagio and Fugue in C major, BWV 564
  • Performer: Martin Souter (Organ)
  • Running Time: 15 min. 37 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1712

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Fantasia and Fugue for Organ in G minor, BWV 542 "Great G minor"
  • Performer: Martin Souter (Organ)
  • Running Time: 13 min. 13 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: by 1725

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Prelude and Fugue for Organ in C major, BWV 547
  • Performer: Martin Souter (Organ)
  • Running Time: 9 min. 53 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: by 1725

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Prelude and Fugue for Organ in A major, BWV 536
  • Performer: Martin Souter (Organ)
  • Running Time: 7 min. 13 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1708-1717

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Passacaglia and Fugue in C minor, BWV 582
  • Performer: Martin Souter (Organ)
  • Running Time: 14 min. 18 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1708-1712