- Overture $0.99 on iTunes
- College. Arrival $0.99 on iTunes
- College. Tate Auditorium $0.99 on iTunes
- College. A Speech and a Kitten $0.99 on iTunes
- College. Living Quarters $0.99 on iTunes
- College. The Tatler Article $0.99 on iTunes
- On the Field. Football Practice $0.99 on iTunes
- On the Field. A Mad Dog and a Human Dummy $0.99 on iTunes
- On the Field. Taken On! $0.99 on iTunes
- The Dance. Fall Frolic! $0.99 on iTunes
- The Dance. The Tailor $0.99 on iTunes
- The Dance. in Full Swing $0.99 on iTunes
- The Dance. Summoned by Bell $0.99 on iTunes
- The Dance. Hip Flask $0.99 on iTunes
- The Dance. Goodbye Trousers $0.99 on iTunes
- The Dance. Crisis $0.99 on iTunes
- The Day of Days $0.99 on iTunes
- Exhortation! $0.99 on iTunes
- Final Skirmish $0.99 on iTunes
- Finale. The Freshman $0.99 on iTunes
Notes & Reviews:
- This recording features Carl Davis' new scoring for internationally renowned American silent film star Harold Lloyd's 1925 movie The Freshman.
- Carl Davis conducts the Chamber Orchestra of London.
American Record Guide, May/June 2014
Davis's music is original at least one theme is strongly reminiscent of a favorite Sousa march. This is actually the composer's second go at this film; the first was a jazz-inspired score written for a nine-piece band. It fits in nicely with marches, romantic interludes, and of course a Big Game to bring the story to its climax.
Recording information: Angel Studio 1, London, England (2013-05-30_2013-05-31&2013-).
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Feldman: Patterns in a Chromatic Field - Music for cello / Marco Simonacci, Giancarlo Simonacci
Ge Gan-Ru (b.1954): Fairy Lady Meng Jiang; Lovers Besieged / Sharon Bezaly, flute
Bruckner: Symphonies 0 & 00 / Aachen SO, Bosch
Delius in Norway / Ann-Helen Moen, soprano; Bergen PO, Andrew Davis
Overtures from the British Isles - works by Bantock, Gardiner, Mackenzie, Coleridge-Taylor, Stanford, Sullivan / Gamba
In My Memory: American Songs by Larsen, Cipullo, Laitman / Kerry Jennings, tenor; Amanda Asplund Hopson, piano
Gregg Smith (b.1931): Music for an Urban Church / Thomas Schmidt, organ
Milton Babbitt: All Set; Correspondences; Paraphrases; The Crowded Air; From the Psalter / Lucy Shelton, soprano
The Voice of the Turtle Dove - Sacred music by Sheppard, Davy, Mundy / The Sixteen
Works DetailsDavis, Carl [Conductor] : The Freshman, film score
- Conductor: Carl Davis
- Ensemble: Chamber Orchestra of London
- Running Time: 1 min. 5 sec.
- Period Time: Contemporary
- Form: Film Score
- Written: 2002