1 800 222 6872

Ladies First!: Opera arias by Joseph Haydn / Lisa Larsson, soprano

Album Summary

>Haydn, Franz Joseph : Berenice, che fai, H 24a no 10
>Haydn, Franz Joseph : Armida, Hob. 28
>Haydn, Franz Joseph : L'anima del filosofo, Hob. 28
>Haydn, Franz Joseph : Arianna a Naxos ("Teseo mio ben"), cantata for soprano & keyboard, H. 26b/2
>Haydn, Franz Joseph : L'isola disabitata, Hob. 28
>Haydn, Franz Joseph : L'infedelta delusa, Hob. 28
>Haydn, Franz Joseph : Quando la rosa ... Finché l'agnello, aria for soprano & orchestra, H. 24b/3 (for Anfossi, La Metilde
Performers Conductor Ensemble Composer

Notes & Reviews:

The operas of Joseph Haydn are far less known today than those of his contemporaries Christoph Willibald von Gluck (1714 - 1787) and Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart (1756 - 1791). In 1790 Haydn was generally considered the most famous composer of his age, but the relative obscurity of his operas in comparison with his other works was also the case in the 18th century. How is it possible that Haydn's operas are still relatively unknown, despite a remark Empress Maria Theresia expressed upon hearing Haydn's L' Infeldelta Delusa in 1773: "If I want to hear good opera, I am going to Esterhaza!"

American Record Guide, July/August 2014
Here's a nice program that joins Haydn's two great soprano cantatas with a selection of opera arias. Silva's aria from L'Isola Disabitata and Sandrina's from L'Infedelta Delusa are especially winning, and Euridice's scene from L'Anima del Filosofo gives us a good sample of Haydn's last opera. The two cantatas are concentrated dramatic gems with accompanied recitatives and catchy arias.

Notes & Reviews:

Recording information: Singelkerk, Amsterdam (NL) (2012-01-10_2012-01-11&2012-).



Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review
 

Also Purchased

Works Details

>Haydn, Franz Joseph : Berenice, che fai, H 24a no 10
  • Performer: Lisa Larsson (Soprano)
  • Conductor: Jan de Vriend
  • Ensemble: Combattimento Consort Amsterdam
  • Notes: Singelkerk, Amsterdam (NL) (2012-01-10_2012-01-11&2012-)
  • Running Time: 12 min. 16 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1795

>Haydn, Franz Joseph : Armida, Hob. 28 :: 12
  • Performer: Lisa Larsson (Soprano)
  • Conductor: Jan de Vriend
  • Ensemble: Combattimento Consort Amsterdam
  • Notes: Singelkerk, Amsterdam (NL) (2012-01-10_2012-01-11&2012-)
  • Running Time: 5 min. 41 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Opera/Operetta
  • Written: 1783

>Haydn, Franz Joseph : L'anima del filosofo, Hob. 28 :: 13
  • Performers: Maarten Koningsberger (Baritone); Lisa Larsson (Soprano)
  • Conductor: Jan de Vriend
  • Ensemble: Combattimento Consort Amsterdam
  • Notes: Singelkerk, Amsterdam (NL) (2012-01-10_2012-01-11&2012-)
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Opera/Operetta
  • Written: 1791

>Haydn, Franz Joseph : L'anima del filosofo, Hob. 28 :: 13
  • Performer: Lisa Larsson (Soprano)
  • Conductor: Jan de Vriend
  • Ensemble: Combattimento Consort Amsterdam
  • Notes: Singelkerk, Amsterdam (NL) (2012-01-10_2012-01-11&2012-)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 24 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Opera/Operetta
  • Written: 1791

>Haydn, Franz Joseph : L'anima del filosofo, Hob. 28 :: 13
  • Performer: Lisa Larsson (Soprano)
  • Conductor: Jan de Vriend
  • Ensemble: Combattimento Consort Amsterdam
  • Notes: Singelkerk, Amsterdam (NL) (2012-01-10_2012-01-11&2012-)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 4 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Opera/Operetta
  • Written: 1791

>Haydn, Franz Joseph : Arianna a Naxos ("Teseo mio ben"), cantata for soprano & keyboard, H. 26b/2
  • Performer: Lisa Larsson (Soprano)
  • Conductor: Jan de Vriend
  • Ensemble: Combattimento Consort Amsterdam
  • Notes: Singelkerk, Amsterdam (NL) (2012-01-10_2012-01-11&2012-)
  • Running Time: 18 min. 2 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Cantata/Oratorio
  • Written: 1789

>Haydn, Franz Joseph : L'isola disabitata, Hob. 28 :: 9
  • Performer: Lisa Larsson (Soprano)
  • Conductor: Jan de Vriend
  • Ensemble: Combattimento Consort Amsterdam
  • Notes: Singelkerk, Amsterdam (NL) (2012-01-10_2012-01-11&2012-)
  • Running Time: 7 min. 30 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Opera/Operetta
  • Written: 1779

>Haydn, Franz Joseph : L'isola disabitata, Hob. 28 :: 9
  • Performer: Lisa Larsson (Soprano)
  • Conductor: Jan de Vriend
  • Ensemble: Combattimento Consort Amsterdam
  • Notes: Singelkerk, Amsterdam (NL) (2012-01-10_2012-01-11&2012-)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 18 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Opera/Operetta
  • Written: 1779

>Haydn, Franz Joseph : L'infedelta delusa, Hob. 28 :: 5
  • Performer: Lisa Larsson (Soprano)
  • Conductor: Jan de Vriend
  • Ensemble: Combattimento Consort Amsterdam
  • Notes: Singelkerk, Amsterdam (NL) (2012-01-10_2012-01-11&2012-)
  • Running Time: 5 min. sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Opera/Operetta
  • Written: 1773

>Haydn, Franz Joseph : Quando la rosa ... Finché l'agnello, aria for soprano & orchestra, H. 24b/3 (for Anfossi, La Metilde
  • Performer: Lisa Larsson (Soprano)
  • Conductor: Jan de Vriend
  • Ensemble: Combattimento Consort Amsterdam
  • Notes: Singelkerk, Amsterdam (NL) (2012-01-10_2012-01-11&2012-)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 56 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: ?07/1779

>Haydn, Franz Joseph : L'infedelta delusa, Hob. 28 :: 5
  • Performer: Lisa Larsson (Soprano)
  • Conductor: Jan de Vriend
  • Ensemble: Combattimento Consort Amsterdam
  • Notes: Singelkerk, Amsterdam (NL) (2012-01-10_2012-01-11&2012-)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 3 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Opera/Operetta
  • Written: 1773