Notes & Reviews:
- Herve Niquet and Le Concert Spirituel return to another of their great specialities, the lyric tragedy, with a new large-scale operatic recovery.
- La Toison d'or represents a vital link between Gluck and Spontini.
- Hector Berlioz considered Vogel one of the pioneers of French Romanticism.
- Lavish booklet; notes in French, German and English. Sung texts in French with English translation
- Recorded 2012
The Guardian, 16th January 2014
As shown by Concert Spirituel's superb performance, with Marie Kalinine as MedTe and Jean-Sebastian Bou as Jason, alongside some rather formulaic numbers there's some very beautiful music, and some ravishing instrumental obbligati.
Gramophone Magazine, March 2014
It's Gluck who casts a long shadow over the opera...But themusic is effective, with excellent writing for the chorus and orchestra...Judith Van Wanroij singing strongly as Hypsipyle...Jean-Sebastian Bou is equally powerful as the duplicitous Jason. HervT Niquet directs admirably. Vogel is a real find.
International Record Review, April 2014
This is a performance that resonates with all the positive qualities of the music ... We get a wide-screen dramatic presentation in which the orchestra is especially impressively recorded.
Recording information: Staatstheater, Nürnberg, Germany (07/26/2012/07/27/2012).
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Handel: Chamber Music Vol 4 - Trio Sonatas, Op 5
Gaetano Veneziano (1665-1760): La Santissima Trinita, oratorio / Antonio Florio
C.P.E. Bach: Magnificat; Motet "Heilig ist Gott"; Symphony Wq 183/1 / Elizabeth Watts, Wiebke Lehmkuhl, Lothar Odinius, Markus Eiche
The Sacred Spirit of Russia: Gretchaninov, Kastalsky, Rachmaninov, Tchesnokov / Conspirare
Beethoven: Missa Solemnis / Jennifer Johnson, James Gilchrist, Lucy Crowe and Matthew Rose. Gardiner
C.P.E. Bach: The Complete Keyboard Concertos, Vol. 20 - Double Concerti / Miklos Spanyi, Tamas Szekendy, Cristiano Holtz
Pancrace Royer (1705-1755): Pyrrhus, opera / Guillemette Laurens, Emmanuelle De Negri, Alain Buet, Jeffrey Thompson
Ignaz Pleyel: Symphonies Concertantes; Bassoon Concerto / Hanno Donneweg, bassoon; Stuttgart Radio SO, Moesus
Meyerbeer: Overtures and Entr'actes from the French Operas / New Zealand SO, Darrell Ang
Works DetailsVogel, Johann Christoph : La Toison d'or, opera
- Conductor: Hervé Niquet
- Ensemble: Le Concert Spirituel
- Notes: Staatstheater, Nürnberg, Germany (07/26/2012/07/27/2012)
- Running Time: 6 min. 43 sec.
- Period Time: Classical
- Form: Opera/Operetta