1 800 222 6872

Geza Anda plays Bach, Mozart, Beethoven, Franck, Liszt, Schumann,Tchaikovsky, Bartok / with Clara Haskil

Album Summary

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Concerto for 2 Harpsichords in C major, BWV 1061
>Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus : Concerto for 2 Pianos in E flat major, K 365 (316a)
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Piano no 14 in C sharp minor, Op. 27/2 "Moonlight"
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Concerto for Piano no 1 in C major, Op. 15
>Franck, César : Symphonic Variations for Piano and Orchestra, M 46
>Brahms, Johannes : Variations (28) for Piano on a theme by Paganini, Op. 35
>Liszt, Franz : Concerto for Piano no 1 in E flat major, S 124
>Schumann, Robert : Carnaval, Op. 9
>Schumann, Robert : Symphonic Etudes for Piano, Op. 13
>Tchaikovsky, Peter Ilyich : Concerto for Piano no 1 in B flat minor, Op. 23
>Bartók, Béla : For Children, Sz 42
Performers Conductors Ensembles Composers

Notes & Reviews:

This special set with recordings from the 1950s gives a great insight in the unique qualities of a very special pianist.



Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review
 

Also Purchased



Previous


Next


Works Details

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Concerto for 2 Harpsichords in C major, BWV 1061
  • Performers: Clara Haskil (Piano); Géza Anda (Piano)
  • Conductor: Alceo Galliera
  • Ensemble: Philharmonia Orchestra
  • Running Time: 18 min. 9 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1732-1735

>Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus : Concerto for 2 Pianos in E flat major, K 365 (316a)
  • Performers: Clara Haskil (Piano); Géza Anda (Piano)
  • Conductor: Alceo Galliera
  • Ensemble: Concertgebouw Orchestra
  • Notes: Composition written: 1779.
  • Running Time: 24 min. 14 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1779

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Piano no 14 in C sharp minor, Op. 27/2 "Moonlight"
  • Performer: Géza Anda (Piano)
  • Conductor: Otto Ackermann
  • Ensemble: Philharmonia Orchestra
  • Running Time: 12 min. 55 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1801

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Concerto for Piano no 1 in C major, Op. 15
  • Performer: Géza Anda (Piano)
  • Conductor: Alceo Galliera
  • Running Time: 33 min. 19 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Concerto
  • Written: 1798

>César Franck (1822 - 1890) : Symphonic Variations for Piano and Orchestra, M 46
  • Performer: Géza Anda (Piano)
  • Conductor: Eduard Beinum
  • Running Time: 15 min. 42 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1885

>Brahms, Johannes : Variations (28) for Piano on a theme by Paganini, Op. 35
  • Performer: Géza Anda (Piano)
  • Running Time: 15 min. 34 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1862-1863

>Liszt, Franz : Concerto for Piano no 1 in E flat major, S 124
  • Performer: Géza Anda (Piano)
  • Conductor: Otto Ackermann
  • Running Time: 20 min. 15 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Concerto
  • Written: 1835-1856

>Schumann, Robert : Carnaval, Op. 9
  • Performer: Géza Anda (Piano)
  • Running Time: 22 min. 45 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1833-1835

>Schumann, Robert : Symphonic Etudes for Piano, Op. 13
  • Performer: Géza Anda (Piano)
  • Running Time: 20 min. 4 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1834-1861

>Tchaikovsky, Peter Ilyich : Concerto for Piano no 1 in B flat minor, Op. 23
  • Performer: Géza Anda (Piano)
  • Conductor: Alceo Galliera
  • Running Time: 34 min. 37 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Concerto
  • Written: 1874

>Béla Bartók (Composer) (1881 - 1945) : For Children, Sz 42
  • Performer: Géza Anda (Piano)
  • Running Time: 28 min. 20 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Written: 1908-1910