1 800 222 6872

Piano Recital: Chopin, Zarebski, Paderewski / Pawel Wakarecy, piano

Audio Samples

>Paderewski, Ignace J. : Album de Mai Op. 10
>     no 1 Au soir
>Paderewski, Ignace J. : Dances Op. 9
>     no 6 Polonaise in B major
>Zarebski, Juliusz : Grande Polonaise in F sharp major for piano, Op 6
>Chopin, Frédéric : Prelude for piano no 1 in C major, Op. 28/1, CT. 166
>Chopin, Frédéric : Prelude for piano no 2 in A minor , Op. 28/2, CT. 167
>Chopin, Frédéric : Prelude for piano no 3 in G major, Op. 28/3, CT. 168
>Chopin, Frédéric : Prelude for piano no 4 in E minor, Op. 28/4, CT. 169
>Chopin, Frédéric : Ecossaise for piano no 1 in D major, Op. 72/1, CT. 11
>Chopin, Frédéric : Prelude for piano no 9 in E major, Op. 28/9, CT. 174
>Chopin, Frédéric : Prelude for piano no 10 in C sharp minor, Op. 28/10, CT. 175
>Chopin, Frédéric : Nocturne for piano in C sharp minor (doubtful), KK Anh.Ia/6
>Chopin, Frédéric : Polonaise for Piano in G sharp minor, B 6
>Chopin, Frédéric : Polonaise for piano no 5 in F sharp minor, Op. 44, CT. 154
>Chopin, Frédéric : Polonaise for piano no 3 in A major ("Military"), Op. 40/1, CT. 152

Album Summary

>Paderewski, Ignace J. : Album de Mai Op. 10
>Paderewski, Ignace J. : Dances Op. 9
>Zarebski, Juliusz : Grande Polonaise in F sharp major for piano, Op 6
>Chopin, Frédéric : Prelude for piano no 1 in C major, Op. 28/1, CT. 166
>Chopin, Frédéric : Prelude for piano no 2 in A minor , Op. 28/2, CT. 167
>Chopin, Frédéric : Prelude for piano no 3 in G major, Op. 28/3, CT. 168
>Chopin, Frédéric : Prelude for piano no 4 in E minor, Op. 28/4, CT. 169
>Chopin, Frédéric : Ecossaise for piano no 1 in D major, Op. 72/1, CT. 11
>Chopin, Frédéric : Prelude for piano no 9 in E major, Op. 28/9, CT. 174
>Chopin, Frédéric : Prelude for piano no 10 in C sharp minor, Op. 28/10, CT. 175
>Chopin, Frédéric : Nocturne for piano in C sharp minor (doubtful), KK Anh.Ia/6
>Chopin, Frédéric : Polonaise for Piano in G sharp minor, B 6
>Chopin, Frédéric : Polonaise for piano no 5 in F sharp minor, Op. 44, CT. 154
>Chopin, Frédéric : Polonaise for piano no 3 in A major ("Military"), Op. 40/1, CT. 152
Performer Composers

Notes & Reviews:

The selection of compositions on this CD, and the order in which they appear, form a clear progression: from works inspired by Chopin to the source of their inspiration, focusing the listener's attention on those latter compositions as the most accomplished and original. Chopin's music, which inspired later generations of composers, continues to exert a more and more powerful influence on people. The multitude of interpretations reveals its depth and captivating beauty. The music carries the listeners 'into a poetic state in which they become aware of the sense of existence and of their longing for the infinite.'

American Record Guide, May/June 2014
Give Pawel Wakarecy an honorary membership in the family. His choice of program and ease of execution make this recital something special. Add to this some interesting notes and sound of sparkling clarity and depth for a disc worthy of anyone's attention.

Notes & Reviews:

Recording information: Warsaw Philharmonic Concert Hall (01/02/2013-01/03/2013).



Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review

Works Details

>Paderewski, Ignace J. : Album de Mai Op. 10 :: no 1 Au soir
  • Performer: Pawel Wakarecy (Piano)
  • Notes: Warsaw Philharmonic Concert Hall (01/02/2013-01/03/2013)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 20 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Written: 1884

>Paderewski, Ignace J. : Dances Op. 9 :: no 6 Polonaise in B major
  • Performer: Pawel Wakarecy (Piano)
  • Notes: Warsaw Philharmonic Concert Hall (01/02/2013-01/03/2013)
  • Running Time: 5 min. 27 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Written: 1884

>Zarebski, Juliusz : Grande Polonaise in F sharp major for piano, Op 6
  • Performer: Pawel Wakarecy (Piano)
  • Notes: Warsaw Philharmonic Concert Hall (01/02/2013-01/03/2013)
  • Running Time: 11 min. 56 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic

>Chopin, Frédéric : Prelude for piano no 1 in C major, Op. 28/1, CT. 166
  • Performer: Pawel Wakarecy (Piano)
  • Notes: Warsaw Philharmonic Concert Hall (01/02/2013-01/03/2013)
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1838-1839

>Chopin, Frédéric : Prelude for piano no 2 in A minor , Op. 28/2, CT. 167
  • Performer: Pawel Wakarecy (Piano)
  • Notes: Warsaw Philharmonic Concert Hall (01/02/2013-01/03/2013)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 19 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1838-1839

>Chopin, Frédéric : Prelude for piano no 3 in G major, Op. 28/3, CT. 168
  • Performer: Pawel Wakarecy (Piano)
  • Notes: Warsaw Philharmonic Concert Hall (01/02/2013-01/03/2013)
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1838-1839

>Chopin, Frédéric : Prelude for piano no 4 in E minor, Op. 28/4, CT. 169
  • Performer: Pawel Wakarecy (Piano)
  • Notes: Warsaw Philharmonic Concert Hall (01/02/2013-01/03/2013)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 11 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1838-1839

>Chopin, Frédéric : Ecossaise for piano no 1 in D major, Op. 72/1, CT. 11
  • Performer: Pawel Wakarecy (Piano)
  • Notes: Warsaw Philharmonic Concert Hall (01/02/2013-01/03/2013)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 29 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1826

>Chopin, Frédéric : Prelude for piano no 9 in E major, Op. 28/9, CT. 174
  • Performer: Pawel Wakarecy (Piano)
  • Notes: Warsaw Philharmonic Concert Hall (01/02/2013-01/03/2013)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 38 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1838-1839

>Chopin, Frédéric : Prelude for piano no 10 in C sharp minor, Op. 28/10, CT. 175
  • Performer: Pawel Wakarecy (Piano)
  • Notes: Warsaw Philharmonic Concert Hall (01/02/2013-01/03/2013)
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1838-1839

>Chopin, Frédéric : Nocturne for piano in C sharp minor (doubtful), KK Anh.Ia/6
  • Performer: Pawel Wakarecy (Piano)
  • Notes: Warsaw Philharmonic Concert Hall (01/02/2013-01/03/2013)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 20 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic

>Chopin, Frédéric : Polonaise for Piano in G sharp minor, B 6
  • Performer: Pawel Wakarecy (Piano)
  • Notes: Warsaw Philharmonic Concert Hall (01/02/2013-01/03/2013)
  • Running Time: 7 min. 39 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: ?1822

>Chopin, Frédéric : Polonaise for piano no 5 in F sharp minor, Op. 44, CT. 154
  • Performer: Pawel Wakarecy (Piano)
  • Notes: Warsaw Philharmonic Concert Hall (01/02/2013-01/03/2013)
  • Running Time: 10 min. 57 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1841

>Chopin, Frédéric : Polonaise for piano no 3 in A major ("Military"), Op. 40/1, CT. 152
  • Performer: Pawel Wakarecy (Piano)
  • Notes: Warsaw Philharmonic Concert Hall (01/02/2013-01/03/2013)
  • Running Time: 6 min. 2 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1838