Notes & Reviews:
- Henk de Vliegers chronologically laid-out orchestral arrangement of Richard Wagner's Ring cycle is heard here in its latest recorded version.
- Lawrence Renes, long an admirer of this arrangement, conducts the Royal Swedish Orchestra.
- Conductor Edo de Waart premiered this work in 1991 with the same orchestra
MusicWeb International, 4th March 2014
De Vlieger has approached his task with sympathy and no small degree of expertise...What makes this disc rather special, and of interest to more than just would-be Wagnerians who are allergic to voices, is the sheer quality of the interpretation and orchestral playing.
American Record Guide, May/June 2014
A Dutch conductor presenting the symphonic arrangement of the Ring by Dutch composer Henk de Vlieger. All the key orchestral parts are included, and he treats the four operas as four movements of a symphony. Walkure is the scherzo, Siegfried the slow movement. Still, with such glorious music one cannot be unmoved - especially when it is conducted, played, and recorded so beautifully.
Recording information: Stockholm Concert Hall (Konserthuset), Sweden (02/2013).
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Works DetailsVlieger, Henk de : The Ring, an orchestral adventure based on Richard Wagner
- Conductor: Lawrence Renes
- Ensemble: Royal Swedish Orchestra
- Running Time: 63 min. 29 sec.
- Period Time: Contemporary
- Form: Orchestral
- Written: 1991